Looking for local traders - somerset county

rustygatefarm(z6 NJ)June 17, 2005

Hi - I am new to the forum and am looking for local traders. I live in Liberty Corner(near Somerville/Warren) and I am most interested in perennials that you have found to be deer resistant.

I bought a feverfew plant from the local garden club plant sale because the club member labeled it as deer-resistant and so far so good. It is a delightful plant besides!

I enjoyed reading about everyone's feelings about NJBG. I too mourn it's passing. Certainly was a curious, but wonderous place. Although I never bought any diseased plants there (as some have said) I did by some things that I later found to be noxious weeds - like the beautiful orange hawkweed - which seems like it has the ability to take over the world! I'm very careful with that one! Happy gardening all!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
steve_nj(7-a)

I have Clerodendron bungei and Illicium floridanum. They're for pickup in Burlington County,if you want them (about 1.5 hours from you).

Bookmark   June 17, 2005 at 4:50PM
bogey123

The deer here will eat just about anything, one even ate one of our salvia if you can believe it.

Bookmark   June 17, 2005 at 8:50PM
kitova(z6 NJ)

Hi Janet,

I'm just happy to see a "local" trader (local as in, within a 30 minute drive from me)! And it seems we have a lot in common, we're both seeking deer-resistant plants! I don't have anything deer resistant to trade right now (getting rid of my non-deer resistant plants at the moment), but maybe we'll be able to organize a "off-route-78 swap" in the fall for people in our area (gardenweb members loris & JoyfulGardener are closeby I believe).

Bookmark   June 20, 2005 at 12:00PM
loris(Z6 NJ)

I live in the area. Have a feeling it may be a little hard for me to schedule things this fall, but IÂm definitely interested.

-- Lori

Bookmark   June 24, 2005 at 7:38AM
yanih

Hi,

I live in the area too, Basking Ridge. I have lots of mint if anybody interested. I have also propagated some jasmin in the basement, which should be ready in a couple weeks or so.

Bookmark   July 31, 2006 at 5:35PM
galium

Hi
I live in Hunterdon County. Our property is a deer path. Haven't had much trouble since I've been spraying egg & water mixture. It's always a battle.
I am dividing my Dutch irises-purple, if you're interested.

Bookmark   September 17, 2006 at 3:28PM
More Discussions
WANTED: bamboo
Hi all. I recently built a home in buena and am looking...
organic_craig
HAVE: Offer: Clivia or Kaffir Lily, Greater Princeton Area
I have several Clivia or Kaffir Liby plants for exchange....
RedSun (Zone 6, NJ)
wanted: red gaillardia and/or red echinacea
Hi gardeners, I'm looking for Red, as in Fire Engine...
kchaconas
HAVE: Sweet and Hot Peppers, Garlic Chives, Kabocha and more
I have collected a lot of vegetable seeds from this...
RedSun (Zone 6, NJ)
WANTED: Astilboides tabularis (Rodgersia tabularis)
Looking for plants. Have tried and failed at seeds!...
luckyladyd
Sponsored Products
Counting Rings Pillow
$29.99 | Dot & Bo
Infinity Rectangular: 5 Ft. 3 In. x 7 Ft. 6 In. Rug
$429.00 | Bellacor
Area Rug: Passion Collection Gold 2' x 3'
$78.97 | Home Depot
Char-Broil CB-940X Charcoal Grill - 08301390-26
$499.99 | Hayneedle
Pompidou Pet Bed - BLACK / IVORY
$990.00 | Horchow