Flowers/Plants not Blooming

yogamamaMay 19, 2008

Hello,

I purchased a few different flowers from a local nursery and they had blooms on them when I purchased them. Since transplanting all fo them, they are not blooming (or growing much) at all. Is this typical? Did they go dormant? The ones I purchased are Creeping Phlox, Aster's, and then some ground cover plants: Ajuga, Plumbago and Mazus.

This is my first year doing plants and flowers (normally I just do vegetables and herbs) so I am not sure if I am doing something wrong? Thanks for the help.

Kim

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
esh_ga

Most plants have a limited bloom time. Once they are done for the season, they are done. But if they are perennial, they will bloom again next year. That is why people usually get a mixture of plants so that they can have blooms at different times.

Bookmark   May 19, 2008 at 7:55PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bob64(6)

Sometimes flowers get a little cranky after transplanting but they will probably bounce back next season. Watch out for that ajuga, it can be very aggressive. I just looked up the creeping phlox and confirmed that its normal bloom time is coming to an end about now. If you can buy plants just before they bloom you will get more bloom time from them at your place than in the nursery. In any event, with perennials you should be o.k. next bloom season.

Bookmark   May 19, 2008 at 8:24PM
More Discussions
Native Evergreen Shrubs
There seems to be a real shortage of species that fit...
jigsawearth
Photos of Natives on Tumblr
Hi all, I have a small (1/4 acre) woods here in Minnesota....
misterpatrick
Elm scale
I planted a Princeton Elm in my front yard 2 years...
aew75
Which of these native grasses/oats/sedges will spread via roots?
Hi, For the benefit of creating a useful list... Which...
njbiology
Prairie Plants threatened by Noxious Weeds Act
Hi, I found this great blog and information about prairie...
Johncan
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™