i need pool info....please help!!!

dandee1124January 1, 2007

I am planning (better yet, would love to) put a fiberglass pool in my backyard this Summer. I was wondering if anyone can give me a rough estimate of how much it will cost to do this. Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
woodnative(6)

I am assuming you mean one of the prefab ponds.
Hmmm. Tough question. How big the pool, where will you buy it, what do you want to put in it? How about landscaping around it? Will you do it yourself or hire someone to install.
The pool/pond prices vary greatly by size and source. Sometimes you can get good deals at the end of the season. Pumps are expensive, $30.00 for a smaller one, but should last for years. You can make a small, attractive pool without a pump, but the sound of moving water, plus the extra oxygen/circulation, make them a good purchase. I advise goldfish over koi etc., esp. for a small pond. Keep it understock and underfed and your water will stay clear. Overstocking and overfeeding cause problems. I pick my goldfish out of the feeder fish tank in a pet shop, you can pick some pretty ones out of the multitudes.
I would advise getting as large of a pond/pool as you can afford and fits your space. The larger the water volume the better buffered the pond is agains mistakes, fluxuations in water temperature and chemistry, etc.

Bookmark   January 2, 2007 at 7:20PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yesssssir

Get a Viking pool. It is perfect for freeze thaw climates like in NJ. You get a lifetime warranty with the pool, I got mine from Pool Designs Inc in Yardville NJ. They are great and easy to work with, i suggest you look into that. Good luck

Bookmark   July 16, 2009 at 5:10PM
More Discussions
The ABC's of Vegetable Gardening, Saturday, February 21, 2015 at 1:00
Think “Spring”! Southard Grange #218 is happy to...
a_holovacs
First Snow of the Season
First snow here in coastal Monmouth. I ran out and...
agardenstateof_mind
WANTED: Wanted: Garlic to Plant
I'm in central NJ, somerset county. I'd like to get...
achang89
Best way to overwinter shrubs
I have 2 potted Knockout Roses and 1 mini Rhododendron...
debvg
Leland Cypress Hedge in Northern NJ?
Hi All - Any suggestions for planting a barrier hedge...
soulbird17
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™