Ocean County Ogranic Garden Supply

winterwolfes(7a NJ)February 23, 2007

I am trying to locate any garden supply stores that stock a decent inventory of organic garden supplies - fertilizers, soil additives, etc. I live in Lacey and the local garden shop there only carries 1 bag of fertilizer in the whole store that is an organic product. Anyone know anywhere near Lacey or in Ocean County that stocks organic supplies so I can stop spending so much money on shipping from websites?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carlanne(7 NJ coastal)

If you want fertilizer, HD stocks milorganite, and Green Tree stocks Ocean Gro from the sewage plant in the spring. They are on route 72 west of SOCH. I don't know if they stock other items. We also get compost etc from the Ocean County recycling near 72 off Recovery Road.

Bookmark   March 4, 2007 at 6:15PM
diggindutchman(6NJ)

Hi Winterwolfes, What kind of Organic supplies are you looking for? I'm in Lacey and have used the townships compost for all my growing needs as well as the shreaded mulch for the gardens. I agree it costs an arm and a leg for shipping in web site products, I also tried A's for getting bigger size products and they don't want to be bothered.
John

Bookmark   March 7, 2007 at 2:06PM
debnj(z7 NJ)

Did you try Cedar Creek Gardens on Rt 9 in Bayville? They carry Ocean Gro.

Bookmark   March 11, 2007 at 8:22AM
diane_nj 6b/7a

Try calling feed or farm supply stores. Depending on how far you want to drive, there is the New Egypt Agway in New Egypt or the Hungry Puppy in Farmingdale.

Bookmark   March 11, 2007 at 2:36PM
rothmn_aol_com

hey guys i have organic kelpmeal for sale in 1lb,7lb,12lb,25lb, and 50lb bags diectly from the harvester. i live in ocean county and will delivery for a small delivery cost. let me know if any of you are interested. thanks mike roth rothmn@aol.com

Bookmark   May 28, 2011 at 6:35PM
More Discussions
First Snow of the Season
First snow here in coastal Monmouth. I ran out and...
agardenstateof_mind
Best way to overwinter shrubs
I have 2 potted Knockout Roses and 1 mini Rhododendron...
debvg
WANTED: Wanted: Gardenia Cuttings
Would like to take some gardenia cuttings.
redsun9
Any Other Local Garden Forum More Active?
This forum is really quiet. So I just wonder if there...
redsun9
Cold Hardy Palm Trees In New Jersey
There are a few varieties of cold hardy palm trees...
elman23
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™