Full sun plant options

dennis_ashworth(Z8 Western WA)May 15, 2006

I have two challenging areas where I need to identify full-sun plant solutions. One is a 40'x 3' strip along a black top driveway. The soil in the area is good but during in the winter the area is perpeutally wet. Height should be maybe 3-4 feet maximum - evergreen preferred. Ideas?

The second area is to intended block the underside of an elevated deck. The deck height varies from 3-5 feet. This area gets the hot afternoon sun. It's not a highly visible area so color or blooming (if any) is not that much of an issue - I just want to hide the underside of the deck.

Many thanks

Dennis

Battle Ground, WA

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
username_5(banned for no reason)

I don't know about the strip by blacktop, that is challenging to find something that will take the heat and the soggy spring.

Lattice work looks very nice to hide the underside of a deck and this opens up the options of what, if anything, to plant. Annual vines like morning glories are cheap to sow seed and let them weave throughout the lattice work. Morning glories can also be mostly neglected. At most a little water during a drought, no fertilizer needed and the soil doesn't need to be high quality.

Bookmark   May 16, 2006 at 4:15PM
More Discussions
Hedge Help
Hi there I am a complete gardening novice. We have...
slmccabe25
Falling over fairy cactus
Hello, My Friend got me a fairy cactus and its falling...
tinytigereryes
Dust & Insects in Seeds. Still OK to be planted?
Hi, i have a pack of wheatgrass from about a week ago....
rosche
Pumpkin flower (hydroponic)
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie. I experimented with planting...
stephiepoopy
valencia orange tree
We bought a Valencia tree 4 or 5 years ago and its...
coralroses
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™