OT. Happy Independence Day

Cricket_Love(4b)July 4, 2012

Wishing everyone a safe and happy 4th of July!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
MadPlanter1 zone 5

It's a little late so say so, but I hope you had a glorious 4th. Still at 100 degrees here, so I spent the day watering.

Bookmark   July 5, 2012 at 4:32PM
Cricket_Love(4b)

Thank you! We, too, are still at 100 :( I am so looking forward to Sunday when the temps are suppose to be back down into the 80's with typical heat indexes of less than anything triple digits!
We had a very nice evening and night. The humidity let up some. We had a 5 minute bout of rain early this am. Not enough to really do anything, but I enjoyed it just the same. Some of my hosta are looking pretty sad, despite continual watering.

Bookmark   July 5, 2012 at 4:53PM
Moccasin(z9aMobileAL)

It rained nicely in the afternoon yesterday, thundered a bunch, of course after I had watered!!! But no lightning, so that was a plus.

I was online for a while, but started a new book about birds, and must have missed your post, Cricket. Hope you day was fine, not too much work to keep the family happy, and lots of help with the cleanup. There were fireworks going off all over the place which I could hear, not see.

My new lawn mower arrived today, and I put it together before breakfast, since there is a heat advisory for some reason....just the usual ole 90+ but about 100% humidity. There was a smoky haze early in the morning, but the hosta were all perky with the cool temps from the night time. When it is about 76 at night, it is as cool as it will get from now until October first. At least then.

Bookmark   July 5, 2012 at 6:55PM
More Discussions
Hosta F 2014
A dog thinks: Hey, these people I live with feed me,...
ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
Hosta Fragrants 2014
I am having computer problems today so I am on my laptop....
ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
what do you plant in
This is my newest planted my husband buffed and painted...
almosthooked
Pips in Sweden
I think the USA got our winter by mistake this year...
stoc zone 6 sweden
DUD hosta of 2014
Following the 2014 Top Gun thread, I thought I'd post...
josephines123 z5 ON Canada
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™