newbie already makin mistakes

cb-garden(6b heatzone 7 Perry county tn)May 26, 2013

Hi all im so glad i found this site. I decided to start a garden this year. I just became a stay at home mom and needed something to do in my spare time as a hobby. I picked a veggie garden... i started my own seeds and failed but i learned a lot while at it. So that was mistake 1. But i consider that a win even though i have no seedlings that i was able to save and plant. The next mistake i made was having a neighboring come over and use his big tractor to break up my land. Lots and lots of big rocks i have been picking them out for 2 months now. It took me two weeks just to get all the dirt cloods out of it. Now mind you i have no clue what i am really doin at this point but i am determined to make something grow. I broke up even more dirt using my hubbies expensive hammer...lol so now I have some tomatoes peppers that i bought at the local green house in the ground. I direct sowed beans peas lettuce and corn. They are all doin well. I gave up on my herbs that i planted they didn't come up. I'll try again next year with those.. but anyways this fall in gonna do the whole lasagna thing to prepare for next year. That seems to be the way to go. I have really hard soil. With lots of rocks. And i finally found a use for my hubbies and kids horses. Lol Hopefully someone can use this and learn from my mistakes. One the bright side. I have one heck of a tan... lol happy gardening

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lisanti07028(z6NJ)

Happy gardening right back at you! We have all made mistakes, whether we admit it or not, and we've all survived. Just keep learning and you'll be fine. I recommend that you get yourself a good basic gardening book - see what your library has - and work through it, and have fun.

Bookmark   May 27, 2013 at 11:33AM
More Discussions
Root Ball
Hello, I had to take out a few dying shrubs and now...
katetrav
What is this and what does it mean?
There have been little bubbles that harder up on the...
JaviAir
killing weeds
I read what one member does to kill weeds around her...
CAPERNIUS
Need help with white-spot in plants....
Hi, i'm new in gardening, and in need of help with...
rosche
braided willow ficus- need help
\ I have a braided willow ficus, which I got at lowes,...
pschmitz
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™