melissa_officinalis(z6b MA)June 19, 2005

Can anyone help me with grafting? I'd like to create a standard form of lilac or other deciduous ornamental shrub or tree.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac(Iowa Z 5/4)

Not exactly a question for most new gardeners!!
Try the plant propogation forum.
Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: propogation

    Bookmark   June 19, 2005 at 12:41PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tapla (mid-MI z5b-6a)

What makes you thing you need to undertake grafting to create a standard? With most material, pruning and/or staking will allow you to create a stem as tall as you like.


    Bookmark   June 19, 2005 at 7:58PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
What is this and what does it mean?
There have been little bubbles that harder up on the...
container gardening
Q: when using a self watering pot for plants, do I...
killing weeds
I read what one member does to kill weeds around her...
valencia orange tree
We bought a Valencia tree 4 or 5 years ago and its...
Hedge Help
Hi there I am a complete gardening novice. We have...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™