What would you do with this front yard

brittneymorganJune 26, 2014

We just purchased! We've done all of the yard work in this picture, it was AWFUL before but I would love to get opinions!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardengal48

You might want to post this in the Landscape Design forum as the topic is quite a bit broader in scope that this forum usually addresses.

And as a practicing landscape designer, I would suggest that you might want to consider hiring some professional help. New to home ownership and new to gardening is a lot on your plate already without adding landscape design to the process as well. And the investment pays for itself in terms of reducing the trial and error expense of rookie mistakes :-))

Bookmark   June 29, 2014 at 6:27PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Bloomin_Onion(2/3)

I mean wow, what a question. If it were me, I'd put flowering bushes rather than shrubs under the windows, and just add some curb appeal flowers on either sides of the walking path in a flower bed that extends the length on both sides. Other than that, it's all personal preference. If this were MY dream home, there would be a Nice leafy large tree in there somewhere. I like the feel of walking under a tree, and I like the look they give.

Bookmark   July 9, 2014 at 2:07AM
More Discussions
Hey guys.. i need help with strawberries
Okay so I'm fairly new to growing strawberries. Where...
danny.wullve
Leaves on Pachira aquatica turning brown and falling off.
I left for three days, came back and noticed some yellowing...
jeremyb83
My fruitless Mulberry ð"
Hi everyone. I am brand new to this forum and gardening....
ericamiami
Please help diagnose Dracaena Janet Craig's problem
Hello. I got this Dracaena Janet Craig from Lowe's...
kyuti31416
valencia orange tree
We bought a Valencia tree 4 or 5 years ago and its...
coralroses
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™