Please ID theses plants?

chueh(7B)June 10, 2012

Thank you advance for ID the following weeds/bushes/plants.

This bush looks like a sumac, but I am not sure if it is the kind that is poisonous. This past early spring, it bore yellow clusters, which looked like consist of tiny flower buds bunched together. Then, I never see them really become flowers (well, I was out of town for 2 weeks in mid Spring. Perhaps I missed the bloom)

This is the detail of the bush:

I have a lot of the following seedlings (picture Weed E). Are they the seedlings of the previous sumac like bush?

I also have a lot of the weed below (picture Weed A). They are ground level, spreading their limbs like spiders, growing like sun burst shape:

The Weed/Bush B looks like a burning bush. I do have ONE burning bush, but these Weed/Bush Bs are not adjacent to it. They are scattered all over and around within 40 feet.

Weed C below has round leaves, whose veins are clear, even, and straight.

Weed F, the same as Weed C?

Plant D is in my vegetable bed. What kind of vegetable is this? I don't think I plant any vege like that, but I do have wild daisy nearby the vege bed. This plant D does look like the wild daisy I have around, but I am not sure. If it is some kind of vege, then I will eat it, hahaha:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
esh_ga

The first one does look like a sumac, perhaps Rhus typhina or Staghorn sumac. That is not the poisonous one (the poisonous one grows in swampy areas).

I don't know what weed E is, but I'm pretty sure it is not related to the sumac.

Weed A is a very common weed, should bleed milky sap if you break a piece; I think it is a type of Euphorbia, similar to Euphorbia maculata.

Weed B looks like a seedling Tree of Heaven - an awful tree weed.

Weed C (and also F) is a Lespedeza, I think.

Plant D does look like a daisy.

Bookmark   June 10, 2012 at 8:17PM
celtic_07(3b)

Is weed A succulant in texture? may be purslane. It likes to grow more in the sun than shade. I remove it using a dinner fork very carefully to get all the roots and ANY piece of leaf or stem if they break off. This plant will rejuvinate from a speck of anything left behind. I bag it and put it in the garbage. If it is purslane you can also eat it in salads- me I get rid of it. Lois

Bookmark   June 20, 2012 at 12:35PM
Carrie B(6B/7A)

Weed a is definitely a Euphorbia, common name I know is shepherd's purse. It's not purslane (Portulaca.)

Bookmark   June 22, 2012 at 7:08AM
More Discussions
Cardinal flower (Lobelia cardinalis)?
Hello. I found a pile of Cardinal flowers by the roadside...
adidas
Monarchs: Liatris special
Hey-it looks like the migration is starting up here...
dandy_line
Indian story or legend about Sassafras leaves
This is a little out of the ordinary, but I am looking...
Wildflowergma
Most Underused Native Trees
What are the most underused native trees?
edlincoln
Recommendations for native conifers
Which native conifers would you recommend planting...
tomp123
Sponsored Products
Erasable Identity Metal Planters in Red - Set of 3
$39.99 | Dot & Bo
Jade Purple Travel Yoga Mat - 868P
$49.45 | Hayneedle
157" Red Cedar Canterbury Arbor w/Gate & 2 Wings
Fifthroom.com
Red Carpet Studios Hummingbird Feeder Spotted - Green - 41193
$18.99 | Hayneedle
Eco Rectangle: 5 Ft. x 8 Ft. Rectangle Rug Pad
$28.95 | Bellacor