duke farms is going to close and destroy doris duke's beautiful d

hoopersjudge(6)April 28, 2008

ON MAY 25th DUKE FARMS IS GOING TO CLOSE AND DESTROY DORIS DUKE'S BEAUTIFUL DISPLAY GARDENS.

If you have been to Duke Gardens you know just how wonderful and unique the International-themed Gardens are. People come from all over the world to visit them, and we can visit other countries without leaving New Jersey!!

Now the people who have taken charge of Duke Farms want to close and destroy them because they don't think that the Display Gardens are 'their focus'. Their interest is in natives and the environment, and they don't want to see anything else but that. The Duke Trustees will go down in history as destroying one of our state's great legacies if we let them.

WHAT CAN YOU DO:

Visit this website for more information and pre-written emails to send out in protest of the horrific destruction of one of New Jersey's most beautiful attractions.

www.savedukegardens.org

Please visit today and send protest emails. Also send this email to everyone you know to get them to protest too!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rossmacp_savedukegardens_org

As a result of pressure from the website, the New York Times has picked up the story (Anne Raver's column, May 8th) and the Star Ledger has revisited it.

If you haven't been to the savedukegardens.org website and sent an email, please do so, and get your friends to do the same!

The only people who can stop the Gardens closing are people like you, sending emails. Your emails from the site will be delivered as hard copy to the Trustees, some of whom are Good Guys. Emails can and do make a difference in pressuring the Trustees to reverse this bad decision.

Here is a link that might be useful: www.savedukegardens.org

Bookmark   May 2, 2008 at 11:17PM
More Discussions
I know a bit off topic: where to buy a half a cow
Hi, I just moved from utah and am looking for somewhere...
jmm_90
Garlic
Anyone ever try growing garlic? Tried searching the...
ourbackyard
active discussions?
Any pages that are really active? Just signed up again...
JJRoo
Cold Hardy Palm Trees In New Jersey
There are a few varieties of cold hardy palm trees...
elman23
My neighbor is walking his dog to poop in my yard
I have a neighbor who seems to be "marking territory"...
hackwriter
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™