does anybody have a Julie Morss hosta??

hostacats(zone 3b)July 12, 2014

Is Julie Morss a good hosta or an oldie?? I somehow accidently picked this one up a few weeks ago. I was looking at a blue Hawaii, set the pot down, picked it up again to go pay and voila not the same pot. I just found out its from the family of Frances Williams? AND its large.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hosta_freak(z6 NC)

I have one,and it's OK,but the variegation,disappears after a short while and it turns green,(viridescent). Not a bad hosta,but really only looks good in early spring. Phil

Bookmark   July 13, 2014 at 7:54AM
timhensley_gw

Here in my zone 5 garden it's color holds up longer during our cool summers but once it turns green it's not that noticeable. In your zone 3 you may enjoy it much longer.

Bookmark   July 13, 2014 at 10:33AM
hostacats(zone 3b)

Cool...ok accidental pick up might be ok in the end! Was choked I accidentally picked that one up instead of Blue Hawaii though. Wasn't paying attention.

Bookmark   July 13, 2014 at 12:37PM
hippieindenial

Julie Morss is a beautiful hosta and not so popular so I am happy to have it in my garden.
Here are some photo's of mine this season.

Early May

Early June

Late June

Vanessa

Bookmark   July 13, 2014 at 12:45PM
josephines123 z5 ON Canada

That is one that should have been included in the bagged bare root collection from Florissa but I have nothing that resembles your beautiful hosta, Vanessa! Wish it weren't so.:-(

Bookmark   July 13, 2014 at 3:10PM
hostacats(zone 3b)

Ohhhhh....this is a nice hosta!!! When I brought it home I cut a piece off for one of my friends at work, the other girl I can talk to about hostas and she's interested, she's getting hooked. I keep talking about them and showing and she's gotten 19 new ones so far this year because of me!! Hahahaha
Now that I see what Julie Morss looks like I'm glad I accidently picked it up. I had never heard about it either until I picked it up.

michelle

Bookmark   July 13, 2014 at 7:54PM
hostahillbilly(4)

Getting reeeealy subtle this time if year here.

Bookmark   July 13, 2014 at 8:04PM
hostacats(zone 3b)

Hostahillbilly I don't know if I asked you or if you said or if I remember, but do you also live on an acreage?? 850 hostas will need lots of room.......I wish, but I live in the city and I'm starting to run out of room....and I'm just starting with fancier names!!!

michelle

Bookmark   July 13, 2014 at 8:35PM
hostahillbilly(4)

Hostacats, so far only about 2 acres are Hosta, watering limitation mostly, so the other 68 is left to nature. The wildlife appreciate the hands-off diversity.

Bookmark   July 13, 2014 at 9:29PM
hostacats(zone 3b)

Oh wow hostahillbilly you are also in a heaven......wildlife...lots of hosta!! SWEET!!

Bookmark   July 13, 2014 at 9:48PM
More Discussions
Better then 'June'
When making out your order list, you might want to...
DelawareDonna Zone 7A
NH hostas here
Doesn't look like much but in a month it will. Excited...
ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
Hosta G 2014
I saw a sign that said "watch for children"...
Hosta Fragrants 2014
I am having computer problems today so I am on my laptop....
What have we ordered?
So far I have gotten a few new ones. What have you...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™