Lilium superbum

dbarron(z7_Arkansas)June 12, 2014

I've previously grown lilium michiganense, and in my climate, it would flower and by time the seedpods would have matured (which I always nipped off to send food to bulb), the foliage was going yellow. So, probably about now...it would start looking ephemeral.

I've moved, and this year I have lilium superbum instead, and it appears to be on the same schedule, that is assuming moles, voles, rats, mice, etc haven't eaten the bulb...I recently dug to plant something in that bed and there were tunnels everywhere.

I want to keep the native lily, and was wondering if this early dormancy is what other people in a similar zone 6b-7 climate see?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
EthanH.

My little baby lily's (lilium superbum) leaves have been yellowing recently. I guess that's normal? I live in zone 5, and this is my first year growing turk's cap lily, so it could be early dormancy. I'm not really sure. I'm just going to let it do what it's going to do I guess.

Bookmark   June 20, 2014 at 10:47AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dbarron(z7_Arkansas)

Thank you Ethan, it's comforting with a new plant to know someone else's plant is performing the same.

Bookmark   June 20, 2014 at 10:57AM
More Discussions
What to plant this time of year
Here, in south Tn it is cold damp, freezing aat night,...
Tinbucket
ID needed - tall, yellow button flowers
These are currently in bloom, wondering what it is?...
SnailLover
Recommendations for native conifers
Which native conifers would you recommend planting...
tomp123
Id. plant
Help with the name , please
bromelia2010
Photos of Natives on Tumblr
Hi all, I have a small (1/4 acre) woods here in Minnesota....
misterpatrick
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™