Drip Irrigation

charotarguyMay 3, 2007

Does anyone in NJ have a drip irrigation system. If you have then I would like to know how is it working for you. How much you initially spent to make it work. How benificial is it proving you. Any inputs will be great and will help me decide whether I want to put it in our small backyard for different vegetable plants. Thanks to anyone who replies.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
diane_nj 6b/7a

Yep, I have one in my main rose bed and will put one in my other bed this year. The original came from Dripworks, their "Glorious Gardens Rose Kit" (it is $55 at the Dripworks site)as a gift. I have extended it with add-ons bought both from Dripworks and from two local garden centers/hardware stores (not big boxes). It has been a wonderful addition to my yard. I wasn't watering deeply enough and I now have too many roses to water all of them by hand. I turn on the irrigation system and go do something else. Saves a lot of time.

Bookmark   May 3, 2007 at 8:27AM
charotarguy

Thanks for the info. Appreciate it.

Bookmark   May 3, 2007 at 5:13PM
fmart322(Z6SNJ)

Yo bud, I got your e-mail. I want to do something like that to my yard as well but I'm still trying to come up with a good layout for my yard. That's why I haven't done anything yet. If there's any plumbing questions I can help you with just let me know and I'll try to help.

Bookmark   May 3, 2007 at 7:10PM
charotarguy

Hey thanks, no problem, I did decide to put a drip irrigation system. We have a small garden and we plan to put some veggies. I ordered all the stuff from www.mrdrip.com, Lori was very helpful and helped me a lot to put together a good kit. They also charge less shipping compared to other sites. So all in all I think I got a good deal. Will let you know how it goes installation wise.
Thanks for answering my email. Will definately let you know if I get into some kind of plumbing problem. Thanks again.

Bookmark   May 4, 2007 at 4:49PM
charotarguy

Update ---

Thanks for the inputes Diane, Fmart322 and Dave (who wrote me an email). I did go ahead and put a drip zone yesterday, it took couple of hours to put everything together. I cheked it out for any leakage and as such, but it seems to be holding up for now. Will put an update maybe six months from now at how it performed in summer. For now its going smooth considering that its only been one day :). I am going to get another zone going soon may be this weekend. Also I found out that the Walmart on Rt. 22 has almost all then necessary stuff to put a drip system, so whoever does not want to pay the hefty shipping charges should consider it. Thanks guys again for the help.

Bookmark   May 10, 2007 at 9:54AM
More Discussions
Where to get pine bark fine in north Jersey?
I had good luck with 5-1-1 but had yet to find a good...
BloomCin Zone 6b North Jersey
Looking for Linnaea Borealis (Twin Flower)
I am looking for Linnaea Borealis (also called Twin...
tjtb
Let's show our first blooms of the season
So happy to see these today. Are your gardens waking...
jerseygirl07603 z6NJ
Anyone Starting Vege Seeds Now?
I know it is still early, but just wonder. Some takes...
RedSun (Zone 6, NJ)
Straw Bales for sale in NJ?
Reading "Straw Bale Gardens" and wondering...
jlr518
Sponsored Products
Mitroon 30 Garden Hose by ZEE
$335.00 | Lumens
Gronomics Drip Irrigation Kit - 1432-0196
$35.99 | Hayneedle
White 5'' Dripping LED Moving Flame Pillar Candle
$34.99 | zulily
Danze® Parma™ Single Handle Trim Line Lavatory Faucet - Chrome
Modern Bathroom
Wet Paint Pillow Cover in Yellow
$29.99 | Dot & Bo