any plant sales in central NJ?

ellenr22May 6, 2014

I might have missed the ones I usually go to - I know Rutgers Day is over - what about - there are 2 that generally come after Rutgers Day -
one at Rutgers Gardens,
and one at the Middlesex County Extension Division

I might have missed these too. :(

thanks for any info

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ladychroe(z6 NJ)

The one at Rutger's Gardens is always Mother's Day Weekend. Here is the info. I don't know anything about the Middlesex County Extension Division, but would love to find out if anyone else knows.

http://ruevents.rutgers.edu/events/displayEvent.html?eventId=77949

Bookmark   May 6, 2014 at 1:34PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wannaknow1(7)

There seems to be 2 participants in Rutgers Day Plant Sale: the Rutgers Master Gardeners of Middlesex County (who held their own follow-up plant sale on 5/3 at the 4-H Center in East Brunswick) and Rutgers Gardens who have their own Spring Flower Fair (they call it "The Ultimate Plant Sale") today (5/8/14) for Members Only from 3 -7:30 PM; Fri. 5/9/14 from 10 AM - 5 PM, Sat. 5/10/14 from 9:30 to 4 PM and Sun. 5/11/14 to 3 PM. This is at the Rutgers Gardens, at the Log Cabin in the gardens, 112 Ryders Lane, New Brunswick.Their sale always takes place on Mother's Day weekend. Their website (http://rutgersgardens.rutgers.edu/directions.html) advises: "Please note that if you are using either a GPS or on line mapping service the directions may be wrong if you use our Ryders Lane address. Please use Log Cabin Road, New Brunswick as the address."

The Rutgers Master Gardeners of Monmouth County have a plant sale at the Monmouth County agricultural building, 4000 Kozloski Road, Freehold Township, May 16 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and May 17 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., rain or shine.

I believe the Deep Cut Gardens in Middletown has their Spring Perennial Plant Swap in April, and a fall one, as well. They are part of the Monmouth County Park System, at 152 Red Hill Rd. You bring a plant and get to swap for an equal-sized plant.

This post was edited by wannaknow1 on Thu, May 8, 14 at 13:39

Bookmark   May 8, 2014 at 1:24PM
More Discussions
How are you protecting your plants from winter?
(I cribbed this post from jersey Girl to start a new...
ellenr22
Where to buy indoor plants in NJ? and pots.
My first time with houseplants. So far I've bought...
ellenr22
Unusual Temperature in December
60 F or so. It is warm.... Feels nice, but may not...
redsun9
I know a bit off topic: where to buy a half a cow
Hi, I just moved from utah and am looking for somewhere...
jmm_90
active discussions?
Any pages that are really active? Just signed up again...
JJRoo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™