Rugosa Blanc Double de Coubert

cat4554(Z6NJ)May 24, 2005

I live in NJ and saw Rugosa Blanc Double de Coubert at Colonial Park, Somerset County. I loved it, mostly for it's fragrance. Where could I purchase this in Central NJ?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cat4554(Z6NJ)

Thank you for trying to help me all those that emailed me ...I went to Cicconi Farms and bought a Rugosa Alba. They didn't have Blanc Double de Coubert. I was told to try garden centers along the Jersey Shore. Can anyone recommend a few? I also bought my Hostas at Cicconi - WOW - what an assortment. Great place.

Bookmark   May 24, 2005 at 3:34PM
bogey123

I picked up 2 double blancs at The Farm at Green Village over in Morris County near Chatham. I have grown this rose in other gardens and its wonderful

Bookmark   May 25, 2005 at 4:11PM
Loretta NJ Z6

I saw BDdC at Kaufell gardens in Doylestown, PA this weekend along with an interesting collection of several other unusual rugosas at $17.00 each. That would be a few miles from Peddlers Village not too far off 202. They were all fragrant.

Bookmark   May 25, 2005 at 9:08PM
transplant_england(z6 NJ)

thank you so much for asking the question - I was just about to ask the same, good job I checked. Took the advise of bogey123, thank you, and now have the roses I have been looking for since I moved here 3 years ago. They are so fragrant and hardy I don't quite understand why they are not readily available everywhere - another of lifes little mysteries.

Bookmark   June 3, 2005 at 7:41PM
Loretta NJ Z6

Its around. Check the bag roses in March. I think I picked mine up at Cost Cutters a few years ago for $3 bucks. Mine is in full bloom on the North side of my house and is perfuming the sideyard but its never produced any hips.

Bookmark   June 5, 2005 at 9:51PM
bogey123

Glad it worked out for you, my double blancs that I got there 3 wks ago are in bloom and are doing very nicely!!

Bookmark   June 7, 2005 at 7:17PM
Loretta NJ Z6

Bookmark   June 11, 2005 at 10:00AM
njtea(NJ Z6)

I have absolutely nothing to contribute to this discussion other than the fact that the only roses I have ever purchased have been rugosas - one pink, one fuscia - and I simply love the fragrance. I ignore them until they begin to block the path to the field when I cut them back and they continue to do wonderfully well.

Again - oh, the fragrance!

There was an interesting article by Ken Druse in the NY Times last Thursday on flowers and fragrance and how fragrance had been bred out of flowers but is coming back. I find that I grow only flowers that have fragrance, which I'll take over form, color, fashion, whatever any day.

Bookmark   June 13, 2005 at 7:11PM
More Discussions
Straw Bales for sale in NJ?
Reading "Straw Bale Gardens" and wondering...
jlr518
Garlic
Anyone ever try growing garlic? Tried searching the...
ourbackyard
privacy wall
Hi i live in south jersey and i want to plant some...
dspicerhvac
WANTED: Wanted: Gardenia Cuttings
Would like to take some gardenia cuttings.
redsun9
Best way to overwinter shrubs
I have 2 potted Knockout Roses and 1 mini Rhododendron...
debvg
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™