This is admittedly of the fringe of this forum, but probably an area of common interest for native plant enthusiasts. My showy trefoil, coneflowers, and beebalm, but especially my birch trees, wild plums, and ironwood have been devestated by an unbelievable swarm of japanese beetles.We cannot use our deck, since we have to sweep bodies and beetle poop off of it every 15 minutes, and the area around the deck is inches deep in their stinking rot. The only solutions I have heard are all poison sprays, and what's the use of having host plants for butterflies, finches, hummingbirds, etc., and then using non-specific poisons? On the other hand, I've put a lot of time, money, and care into my natives, and hate to see them devestated and my houses' shade gone from this plague. Please...is there a solution? The birds won't even eat them; I've watched them spit them out!