Tomatoes and Peppers

AlmilleAugust 10, 2014

I bought lemon drop, orange bell, hot banana, and garden salsa peppers, and pink pounder tomato plants back in May, but the deer got ahold of my plants and they had to grow back. I moved to a new area and new to gardening so i have many questions but my main one is if i don't have any veggies on my plants yet will they still be harvestable or are they not going actually bloom? I just started getting flower buds. The plants are very healthy. I haven't had a bug or nutrient deficiency just that deer ate them and they survived. I have been told by locals I have until the middle of october but i figured id search for answers from gardeners

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lisanti07028(z6NJ)

I don't know where you are, or how long your growing season is, but your plants obviously lost time when the deer ate them, At this point, just keep your fingers crossed that there will be time enough for them to form fruit. I'd think that two months would be long enough, but I am not 100% sure.
You might get a better answer if you post your question in the forum for your state/region here on Gardenweb - people who garden near you would have a better idea of what you can expect. Just go to the main forum page and find the state you need.
Good luck!

Bookmark   August 12, 2014 at 8:51PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
micasasucasa

I am sorry to hear the deer ate your garden. You may see some great growth on some of your plants, maybe not all. The hot banana pepper and the tomato's still could bloom. My best advice is to make sure they get enough water and possibly a little fertilizer.

Bookmark   August 13, 2014 at 6:31PM
More Discussions
Does anyone read gardening books anymore?
Am I the only one who likes to read gardening books...
tanya117
killing weeds
I read what one member does to kill weeds around her...
CAPERNIUS
gardening supplies for beginners
What basic supplies do I need for a vegetable garden? I...
JadeOpalIris
Cleaned out gardens at new home and found some plants...Now what?
Hi, I'm new to this forum and to gardening in general....
Megan Williams
Anyone ever have trouble with colored mulch?
I bought and applied some beautiful red colored cypress...
eden72
Sponsored Products
Modern Indoor/Outdoor Bath Mat: Accent Rug: Garland Rugs Jazz Chili Pepper Red
$29.97 | Home Depot
Salt and Pepper Table
| Italy Design
Hafoca Ikat Pillow Hot Pepper
$52.95 | Bellacor
Uttermost Belfast Crackled Red Porcelain Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Compartes Chocolates 16-Bar Deluxe Set
$150.00 | FRONTGATE