We need a post it map

skatayama(NJ-7)June 4, 2005

There have been so many posts recently with must-see and visit Jersey nurseries. We need a post it map for this forum. It seems so many of us are transplanted NJ'ers. Wouldn't it be neat if there could be a clickable map of Jersey here to help the geographically challenged among us?

Sheila

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
newbirdman(7 b NJ)

Well Sheila , they do have a clickable map - its called Mapquest but this doesnt help if you dont have an address , but you can always get that in the web telephone book . Rick

Bookmark   June 6, 2005 at 10:16AM
skatayama(NJ-7)

Yeah, but why not put all only the sites people have mentioned here onto a map. I think there is a way to do it. Some of the mail lists used to have maps to show where there members were located. It would be neat to get an overview of where these nurseries are and even neater if you could click and get the address or contact info. I should get that building a web page book out when I get a chance and figure one out.

Mapquest is my least favorite online map service. the last time I used it was for my trip to Rare Find Nursery where it got at least two turns wrong.

Sheila

Bookmark   June 7, 2005 at 9:50AM
ellenh

Sheila,

Although I use Mapquest all the time and it's indispensible for me, you are right, it does sometimes give errors. Also, it sometimes sends you down some weird back roads when there's a more direct route. I cringe whenever someone uses it to find my house because they invariably get lost. There are easy ways to get to my house, but Mapquest doesn't use them.

I think that a map like you want would be nice, but I don't know of any software that will let you easily do that. Other than that, you'd have to do it by hand - not an easy task.

Ellen

Bookmark   June 8, 2005 at 8:18AM
More Discussions
Anyone planning on wintersowing?
I know there's a separate forum for this, but just...
agardenstateof_mind
Leland Cypress Hedge in Northern NJ?
Hi All - Any suggestions for planting a barrier hedge...
soulbird17
Cold Hardy Palm Trees In New Jersey
There are a few varieties of cold hardy palm trees...
elman23
My neighbor is walking his dog to poop in my yard
I have a neighbor who seems to be "marking territory"...
hackwriter
active discussions?
Any pages that are really active? Just signed up again...
JJRoo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™