Montgomery Wards Garden Tractors

Dave JacksonSeptember 21, 2005

Ive been given this really neat 8 horse M Wards garden tractor but it is been sitting for a while and there are a few parts missing. I was wondering if anyone would know where i could find a parts manual, build sheet or repair manual. The model #ZYJ-1388A is on the front right engine pad and it is a pull start. I will check e-bay but I thought I would try you guys first . I got a good chuckle out of reading some of the other posts about garden tractors. I like the "give it to someone who can use it "

mentality. We should all recycle for our kids sake. Thanks for your help. They call me MrEvil.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tapla (mid-MI z5b-6a)

I noticed you've already posted in "Lawn & Garden Tractors" where you're apt to get greater response than on this forum - but anything is possible, I guess. ;o) Good luck.

Al

Bookmark   September 21, 2005 at 6:20PM
esauer_wisconsinlift_com

I am Looking for a Hood
I have a 1971 Mward Model 33130 c

Bookmark   October 18, 2005 at 3:32PM
zulu726_yahoo_com

I need Information on a 18hp wards tractor Model Tmo 30000A/0301h1 thanks

Bookmark   October 20, 2005 at 5:18PM
cnjfrederick_aol_com

Hi, I have an older Montgomery Ward garden tractor, 16HP single Briggs with 42" 3-blade deck. Model CH 33182A. I can't figure out how to drop the deck to replace the blade belt. Any ideas on how to do this or how to find an on-line manual on this tractor?

Thanks for any help here.

Bookmark   August 7, 2006 at 3:02PM
jonas_rawson_sbcglobal_net

I ALSO HAVE 16 HP HYDRO MONTGOMERY WARDS GARDEN TRACTOR WITH A 42 INCH DECK AND I'M NEEDING THE CENTER QUILL FOR THE DECK AND IT IS A REAR DISCHARGE (BLACK IN COLOR MY MODEL NUMBER IS RUBED OFF AND I CAN FIND THE P/N. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO.
THANKS

Bookmark   September 6, 2006 at 7:24PM
freemancw_yahoo_com

I too have an older Montgomery Ward Tractor which was my father's and he bought it new.
This tractor is a model GIL33160A with a 16 hp with hydro and 48 inch mower.
The way I remove the mower is to first disconnect the drive belt, then the linkage from the lift and remove the link.
I then pull the large pin from the front which supports the mower.
I then place a short 2x4 in back of the front wheel with a short 4x4 in back of that.
I then back the tractor over the mower, thereby leaving the mower free of the tractor.
I hope this has been of help.
feel free to e-mail me at freemancw@yahoo.com

Bookmark   September 20, 2006 at 9:20AM
donmcinnis_hotmail_com

I have Montgomery Wards GIL 33183A riding mower. The drive belt to the mower keeps jumping off the pulley system. Any suggestions on this problem?

Bookmark   October 10, 2006 at 8:56PM
wizz77

Hi, I have the opportunity to buy this lawn tractor.. Its in great shape and runs good..... the seller wants 200 dollars. Is it worth it? Its a 18 HP twin 48 Inch deck..MTD montgomery ward.

Bookmark   July 27, 2007 at 8:25PM
countryclub

looking for a 8-tooth # 41 sprocket for wards 8 hp tractor. part # 748-0852. thanks

Bookmark   August 12, 2009 at 5:26PM
More Discussions
gardening supplies for beginners
What basic supplies do I need for a vegetable garden? I...
JadeOpalIris
`Pest Control for a newbie
Hi, I have a small patch of garden that has been pretty...
fleabernal1983
Sprayed roundup weed killer
Sprayed roundup weed killer on my lawn by accident....
stephen
Does anyone read gardening books anymore?
Am I the only one who likes to read gardening books...
tanya117
Falling over fairy cactus
Hello, My Friend got me a fairy cactus and its falling...
tinytigereryes
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™