The junk that shows up when opening native plant site:

cumuloAugust 14, 2013

I don't think that when I click on Native plants that the first ad I see should be for avocado trees.
I also think that people who want a plant identified should first do some of the work themselves. Say where it is found. Include in a picture a scale or something easily recognizable so that the size can be determined. If you can show a flower closeup, then do it; and then include also a picture of the plant with the date it was photographed, and where it was photographed. Place and time of year are important clues in identification. I see that many things shown are not identifiable just because the person submitting the picture has a low resolution photo with almost no useful additional data.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
albert_135(Sunset 2 or 3)

I don't see any ads. You must be doing something wrong.

Bookmark   August 16, 2013 at 5:02PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bostedo(8a tx-bp-dfw)

albert_135: I don't see any ads. You must be doing something wrong.

True.... if using a browser without some Adblock add-on enabled is "wrong". ;-) I normally don't like using these on sites like GW that provide appreciated ad-supported services, but admit to turning it on after a round of repeating and especially irritating ads here. Unfortunately for GW, now I won't notice if or when they clean things up so that I can turn it off.

cumulo: GW likely still lacks the depth of advertisers and technology to tailor the ad rotations for each forum. At least it was in the gardening domain with an avocado tree rather than some little blue pill or similar pharmaceutical.

Bookmark   August 17, 2013 at 3:17PM
More Discussions
ID needed - tall, yellow button flowers
These are currently in bloom, wondering what it is?...
SnailLover
Avoiding Spreading Invasive Beetles
I was trying to find sassafras, which it turns out...
edlincoln
Redring Milkweed seed availability for 2014
Hi Folks, I received seed of Asclepias variegata (Redring...
wildflowerman_2000
Most Underused Native Trees
What are the most underused native trees?
edlincoln
Native Evergreen Shrubs
There seems to be a real shortage of species that fit...
jigsawearth
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™