Seeking Viburnum Nudum for purchase

nativesnut(8)August 5, 2009

Hi all.

I am desperately seeking somewhere to purchase Viburnum Nudum (Possumhaw Viburnum). Mail order is fine, or I could drive to pick them up in the Carolinas or Georgia.

* I am looking for the 'wild' version in order to have a couple of larger trees - not the small cultivars like Winterhur, Brandywine, etc. I may buy one of those for pollinating my 'big natural' ones, but I can find the small cultivars at a few local places.

Any advice appreciated, since I don't know where wild ones are to get seeds or cuttings.

I already have some Viburnum rufidulum, and V. prunifolium. I'm considering dentatum, but the sucker-spreading is an issue in the remaining 'free' spots in my yard.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ncrescue

The place below is wholesale, but they can probably tell you where to get some IF they won't sell to you directly. They are wonderful people, do all of their own work, and grow much from seed, if not all.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cure Nursery

Bookmark   August 5, 2009 at 4:05PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bobbygil(7)
    Bookmark   August 15, 2009 at 5:48PM
More Discussions
Most Underused Native Trees
What are the most underused native trees?
edlincoln
Which of these native grasses/oats/sedges will spread via roots?
Hi, For the benefit of creating a useful list... Which...
njbiology
Is it cheating to use varieties that were bread from natives?
For example, instead of native Itea virginica, using...
gribbleton
Annuals, Biennials, and Short Lived Perennials
I am interested in compiling a list of the above, mainly...
ncrescue
Echinacea tennesseensis
Does anyone here know the difference in the endangered...
jim_6b
Sponsored Products
Kraus C-GV-103FR-12mm-1800CH Frosted Brown Glass Vessel Sink and Decus Faucet -
$209.95 | Hayneedle
Kraus KBU12-KPF2210-KSD30 Single Basin Undermount Kitchen Sink with Faucet - KBU
$419.95 | Hayneedle
Kraus C-GV-104-12mm-14300CH Clear Black Glass Vessel Sink and Unicus Faucet - Ch
$309.95 | Hayneedle
Kraus C-GV-101FR-14-12mm-10 Frosted Glass Vessel Sink and Waterfall Faucet - C-G
$229.95 | Hayneedle
Kraus KBU24-KPF2230-KSD30 Double Basin Undermount Kitchen Sink with Faucet - KBU
$419.95 | Hayneedle
Istikbal Max 3 Set Natural Brown Fabric Convertible Sofa with Beige Accent Pillo
$549.95 | Hayneedle
Kraus KHF200-30-KPF2160-SD20 Single Basin Farmhouse Kitchen Sink with Faucet Mul
$559.95 | Hayneedle
Kraus C-GV-101-14-12mm-1005 Clear Glass Vessel Sink and Riviera Faucet - C-GV-10
$229.95 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™