Native Seed Exchange for Canucks?

knottyceltic(S/W Ontario 5b)August 11, 2006

I recently read this thread at the Canadian Garden Exchange and have mulled it over for a few days and thought I'd ask to see if any other CANADIANS are interested in asking for a CANADIAN NATIVE SEED/PLANT EXCHANGE FORUM to be established, especially since Canadians can't post on the USA Native Seed Exchange.

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/excan/msg0211572630406.html?4

I feel that if there is enough interest, that this specific forum would be of great benefit to those of us searching for "native seeds/plants" without having our posts lost in the shuffle of all the ornamental garden plants/seeds being offered in the Canadian Garden Exchange. The other reason that it would be beneficial is that most of the gardeners at the Canadian Garden Exchange, don't have the plants that are found in native gardens/gardening OR they don't regularly collect seeds from such plants/shrubs/trees. When I post to the Canadian Garden Exchange, there are so few native flora gardeners there that my posts just get shoved farther and farther from page one until they just disappear. In a separate forum, native flora gardeners/collectors can find eachother and fill eachothers needs quickly and simply. This IS of course IF there is enough interest to actually establish such a forum for the Canadian contingency.

If you are interested, please respond by clicking the link above and making your wishes known.

Thanks so much for reading,

Barb

southern Ontario, CANADA

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
knottyceltic(S/W Ontario 5b)

Sorry for the DOUBLE POSTING... could someone in charge please delete this thread?

Thanks,

Barb

Bookmark   August 11, 2006 at 1:04PM
More Discussions
native plant sales for MD
First, a big thank-you to everyone who responded to...
charmed
Photos of Natives on Tumblr
Hi all, I have a small (1/4 acre) woods here in Minnesota....
misterpatrick
Recommendations for native conifers
Which native conifers would you recommend planting...
tomp123
ID needed - tall, yellow button flowers
These are currently in bloom, wondering what it is?...
SnailLover
Cardinal flower (Lobelia cardinalis)?
Hello. I found a pile of Cardinal flowers by the roadside...
adidas
Sponsored Products
Paula Deen Down Home Wicker Chair - 197637
$485.00 | Hayneedle
Alexis Bueno 'Bueno Exchange XXXVIII' Canvas Triptych Art Print
Overstock.com
Manor House Teardrop Swag Christmas Decor
$119.00 | FRONTGATE
Watermark I Canvas Print
Grandin Road
Queen 400TC Palm Springs Block Sheet Set - WHITE/YELLOW
$155.90 | Horchow