Cymron Cottage

lad6bJune 7, 2007

Cymron Cottage is a small nursery that I discovered by doing a seacrh on DaveÂs web site for nurseries within 20 miles of my zipcode.

We called, made an appointment to visit and discovered a small nursery with marvelous plants, many difficult to find any where else.

Jerry Carnes, the owner, is very knowledgeable and helpful. He runs a landscaping business and his retail sales are a sideline so if you want to visit you must make an appt.

This year we bought: Cedrus d. "White Imp" (5), Lagerstroemia x "Chickasaw" (3), Sisynchrium bermudianum (2), Gardenia j. "Kleim's Hardy" (1), Daphne transatlantica "Summer Ice (2), and a 5 ft Syringa laciniata.

We have also reserved Crataegus monogyna "Inermis Compacta", and Ulmus x elegantissima "Jacqueline Hillier." Jerry will have them dug for us later this year.

The latter two are very rare and to find large examples of them in beautiful condition is amazing.

His web site is: http://shop.cymroncottage.com/ and address

417 Monroeville Road

Monroeville, NJ 08343

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Loretta NJ Z6

Thank you. That is a new one for me. Summer Ice is a nice find. Prices seem reasonable. I don't like that I have to make an appointment though. It makes me feel pressured to buy.

Bookmark   June 11, 2007 at 10:35PM
lad6b

Loreta, I don't think you would feel pressured if you visited the nursery. Jerry is low key guy.
He is not there in regular hours - we've been there after 4:00.
E-mail is a good way to contact him.

Bookmark   June 12, 2007 at 10:48PM
pontesmanny(z6/7 S NJ)

That location is relatively close to home and closer to work so I will probably visit soon.

I see you bought gardenia, "Kleims Hardy". That plant does not bloom or survive outdoors in New Jersey. I use lonicera serotina as a substitute for fragrance at this time of the year

pontesmanny

Bookmark   June 13, 2007 at 9:30AM
lad6b

Pontesmanny,
Thanks for the info on Lonicera serotina. We did know were "zone pushing" and put it in a protected location. Its supposed to be hardy in zones 7 - 10. That not too big a push as (in my opinion) S Jersey is becoming zone 7

lad

Bookmark   June 13, 2007 at 5:57PM
More Discussions
Garlic
Anyone ever try growing garlic? Tried searching the...
ourbackyard
Cold Hardy Palm Trees In New Jersey
There are a few varieties of cold hardy palm trees...
elman23
The ABC's of Vegetable Gardening, Saturday, February 21, 2015 at 1:00
Think “Spring”! Southard Grange #218 is happy to...
a_holovacs
Anyone Starting Vege Seeds Now?
I know it is still early, but just wonder. Some takes...
redsun9
active discussions?
Any pages that are really active? Just signed up again...
JJRoo
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™