Does anyone know what this plant is?

oldgraymare(4 WI)August 14, 2013

Not sure if its a weed or not. Gets white and pink flowers on it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lisanti07028(z6NJ)

You got an answer in the Name That Plant forum.

Bookmark   August 14, 2013 at 4:18PM
seemit

Did you find out the answer? i signed up on this site just to know about this same plant. It's growing crazy. Blooms last only morning and soon turn into dark black seeds.

Lisanti07028: Would've been nicer to point the OP to right question on "Name That Plant forum". I went there and it is full of individual posts. If you knew the answer, it would've been awesome to just reply here?

Bookmark   August 19, 2013 at 11:34PM
seemit

Did you find out the answer? i signed up on this site just to know about this same plant. It's growing crazy. Blooms last only morning and soon turn into dark black seeds.

Lisanti07028: Would've been nicer to point the OP to right question on "Name That Plant forum". I went there and it is full of individual posts. If you knew the answer, it would've been awesome to just reply here?

Bookmark   August 19, 2013 at 11:36PM
florauk(8/9)

seemit - oldgraymare also asked this question on the Name that Plant Forum. Lisanti07028 was simply referring her/him back to his/her own duplicate question. It was answered 6 days ago and ogm responded with thanks. This is the kind of thing that happens when people post on more than one Forum. People following the thread on the 'wrong' forum don't see the outcome.

The plant is Hibiscus trionum.

Bookmark   August 21, 2013 at 9:14AM
esh_ga

And for anyone reading this later, this is not native to the US (I mention that since this is the native plant forum).

Bookmark   August 21, 2013 at 9:18AM
jim_1 Zone 5B Illinois(5b)

I am not trying to be negative, but if the original poster had no idea what it is, then that person would not have known where to post it. It doesn't matter that this is the native plant forum, it's about sharing information.

Bookmark   August 27, 2013 at 5:09PM
oldgraymare(4 WI)

Thanks Jim-1. I posted it here before I found the name that plant forum. I tried to remove it but it wont let me! Sorry if I irritated anyone.

Bookmark   August 29, 2013 at 2:10PM
esh_ga

I certainly wasn't being critical of it being here, just wanted to point out that it isn't native for anyone stumbling on this later and having THEM think that because it is here then it is native ....

oldgraymare, don't worry at all!

Bookmark   August 29, 2013 at 2:59PM
More Discussions
Annuals, Biennials, and Short Lived Perennials
I am interested in compiling a list of the above, mainly...
ncrescue
Which of these native grasses/oats/sedges will spread via roots?
Hi, For the benefit of creating a useful list... Which...
njbiology
Avoiding Spreading Invasive Beetles
I was trying to find sassafras, which it turns out...
edlincoln
Photos of Natives on Tumblr
Hi all, I have a small (1/4 acre) woods here in Minnesota....
misterpatrick
Recommendations for native conifers
Which native conifers would you recommend planting...
tomp123
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™