need a gardening mentor...please

littletwinbruceJanuary 22, 2008

I am writing in hope that someone will take my new fiancee under her wing as a mentor/friend to help her understand gardening in Minnesota. I have a garden myself but really want to connect her with some female friends in the Minnesota area to help her with her passion of growing flowers here. She is from the Republic of Georgia and just moved here with me in January and is so excited about the possibility of taking my garden from neglect to flourishing. She has studied floral design in NYC and is now here with me in Minnesota really wanting to know how to grow a Minnesota gardens. Any help or support would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bruce

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tsugajunkie z5 SE WI

Any botanical gardens in your area? They generally have programs throughout the year on various aspects of gardening in their area.

tj

Bookmark   January 23, 2008 at 9:57PM
fatamorgana2121(Zone 5/6)

"minnesota garden club" got a whole lot of hits for me in google. Maybe if you and your fiancee attend one of these clubs that is nearby you can maybe meet someone in person who may wish to help or is a kindred spirit to your fiancee. The internet is nice, but sometimes in-person is so much better.

FataMorgana

Bookmark   February 1, 2008 at 4:38PM
glen3a(Winnipeg MB 3A)

In addition to this Northern Gardening forum, there is also a Minnesota Gardening forum. Just click on other forums link and you will find it listed (maybe people on that forum can provide more specifics about gardening clubs, etc. in your area.)

Also, I do recall our local nurseries sometimes having "workshops" covering different topics in gardening or just special events. Perhaps more nurseries are doing this to attract customers. Not sure if these are free or paid, but it might be one good way to meet other local folks.

Glen

Bookmark   February 2, 2008 at 9:12AM
lindasgarden(z3/4 MN)

Where in Minnesota? I live in Saint Cloud, my mom lives in Roseville, and I have other suitable mentors in other areas. Let me know.

Bookmark   March 15, 2008 at 7:47PM
More Discussions
Raspberries
Hi Northern Gardeners, I want to plant one of my sunniest...
eatsivy
yellow magnoila tree
I have a small five year old yellow magnolia that I...
diane_v_44
blueberries
blueberries
rosebacopa2
yellow magnolia tree
Is it to late to move a small magnolia tree that is...
diane_v_44
Mike & Molly Season 5 Episode 16
~HQ!>~Watch Mike & Molly Season 5 Episode 16...
Ricky Dawnson
Sponsored Products
Impressionistic Chandelier
$600.00 | Horchow
Hinkley Shelter Hematite Low Voltage Outdoor Path Light
Lamps Plus
Redwood Planter
Overstock.com
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Braided Area Rug: Colonial Mills Rugs Botanical
Home Depot
Mykawa Rug 6' x 9' - MEDIUM BLUE
$899.00 | Horchow