Who's going to the Boston Flower Show?

carol6ma_7ari(zones 6 & 7a)March 3, 2011

Boston Flower & Garden Show is at the Seaport World Trade Center, March 16-20, most days 9 AM to 8 PM (except last day ends 6 PM). If you joined the Mass. Horticultural Society you've probably just received your free ticket.

I'm going on a weekday probably mid-afternoon. But I'd love to meet some of the other gardenwebbers from New England. So if you're planning to go, let me know; and maybe we can meet there.

Carol

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ontheteam(5a-6 (S.Eastern, MA))

Mememe... I am going on opening day ! Planning on being there when they open and staying till I am broke or drop for exhaustion..

Bookmark   March 3, 2011 at 4:57PM
asarum(z6 Boston)

I did get a free ticket, and I guess I will go. I can only go on a weekend or evening. My problem is that I definitely want to support the idea of a Flower Show in Boston, but really miss, in a big way, the old flower show which was so much bigger. Last year, I found it hard not to feel disappointed, even while being glad that a flower show was back. I used to get up early and go in for member hours, spending half the day there. Sigh! I need to move with the times! Some year I will be in a position to go to the Philly Show.

Bookmark   March 4, 2011 at 1:35PM
diggingthedirt

I missed the RI show (a back injury?), so maybe I'll get up to Boston for this one. It looks like there are a lot of good talks and demos on the schedule, including, on Friday (the 18th) a topiary demo by Jim Donahue, Horticulturist at Green Animals in Portsmouth, RI.

Small shows can be fun, too - less overwhelming (yeah, I know, they can also be underwhelming).

Here is a link that might be useful: Boston flower show events schedule

Bookmark   March 6, 2011 at 10:13AM
NHBabs z4b-5a NH

Thanks for posting the link for the events schedule, Digging. I don't know if I will make it there as I will have out of town relatives for part or all of that week. I would love to get to see it, but like Asarum, I miss the larger old show. I found last year that I spent more time getting there and home than at the show, which was a disappointment, but I do learn something every time I go.

Bookmark   March 6, 2011 at 10:26AM
spedigrees z4VT

The old Boston flower show was amazing back in the day. The last one I attended was in the mid 1970s. How sad it is no more.

Bookmark   March 6, 2011 at 1:35PM
annie_nh(z4/5 NH)

There are 2 special Boston Flower Show buses leaving from Concord NH every day of the event.Cost is 46 dollars which includes ticket to the flower show and a trip to Quincy Market afterward. I bought a ticket for March 16th

Bookmark   March 6, 2011 at 8:18PM
More Discussions
Anyone lose trees/limbs/children to the Blizaard of 2015?
Did the recent snow storm(s) damage anyone's trees,...
edlincoln
2015 Camellia Show at Tower Hill Botanic Garden
http://www.towerhillbg.org/index.php?cID=410 This weekend,...
claireplymouth z6b coastal MA
Seaweed as mulch
I am thinking of using seaweed as mulch or add to my...
dwyerkg
Any Block Island gardeners here?
I've never seen any postings from anyone gardening...
bill_ri_z6b
Did anyone attend NEGROWS ?
With the 3 feet of snow, and of coarse the Super Bowl...
ron48
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™