Pineapple Sage &/or Heliotrope Sources

ABQ_Bob(USDA 5a/SS 2A)May 1, 2011

I live in Western Las Vegas and have been to Star Nursery several times since they say they'll eventually get some heliotrope. But so far, no go. I'm also looking for Pineapple sage (salvia elegans). Anyone know if any of the local nurseries regularly carry these items? I'd probably also consider picking up a small bougainvillea if they have them along with the other things I'm looking for... But I don't recall seeing any of those either. I'd imagine they grow here? No?

I could almost always find them at just about any nursery in Albuquerque. Since moving away from there, they seem to be quite rare...

I'm going to try Plant World tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ABQ_Bob(USDA 5a/SS 2A)

I did find some rather ragged heliotrope at Plant World, but no Pineapple Sage (salvia elegans). They'd never heard of it - doh!

At least the woman at Star Nursery said that they'd had some earlier in the season, but didn't expect more. Although that's what she said about heliotrope too, so I'm not sure if that's just a line they use when they don't have/carry something to make you believe that you might have a chance of finding it there again in the future...

Yeah, you get to be a bit jaded when you're my age, hehe.

Bookmark   May 3, 2011 at 4:41PM
More Discussions
Native Plants - Henderson
Hello all, Seeking any native plant knoledge! Setting...
NJTransplant
New to Reno - what are best books for gardening?
Hello! I just moved to Reno in November and we moved...
BluCasetta
soil
I made a raised flower bed by my front door and planted...
desigrl
reno gardening
on gw a bit but had not looked at this before-fellow...
davids10 z7a nv.
Growing Tomatoes in Las Vegas
I am seeking advice for growing tomatoes in Las Vegas. I�ve...
ultravista
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™