Virginia creeper

organic_geriNovember 21, 2006

I am very worried about my virginia creeper, I planted it about 3 months ago and it grew like crazy, however, it is now quite limp and looks half dead. I thought these grew and grew, surely I haven't killed it? Please help, my soil is very sticky clay but I have worked it so its not too bad now.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ljrmiller(z7 NV)

I don't think you CAN kill Virginia creeper. If you are in the Reno-Sparks area, leave a message on this forum or email me at TFarnon@aol.com and I'll give you all the cuttings/rootings you can stand come spring.

Bookmark   November 23, 2006 at 3:01PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
loganlady

I also have virginia creeper all over my backyard fences.....love it and it does grow like crazy. I have had two problems with it: my drip system line stopped working (and, of course in the summer heat-they died) and now my dog has decided to dig near some other vines roots so imagine that... they are dying. All for the dog to get to the ground squirrels....geez. Look into the watering I'd say...or has my dog been in your yard digging too? LOL. You could always ask someone at a nearby nursery what also might be happening. Good Luck.

Bookmark   November 24, 2006 at 12:56PM
More Discussions
how much does the water for a fruit tree cost in Carson City?
The people on the fruit tree forum just don't quite...
albert_135
Are these shrubs gone?
Can someone help me to identify these shrubs? And are...
meccooll
Anyone build a greenhouse in Reno?
Hi all, Has anyone built a greenhouse in the Reno area?...
themayocynic
fresh sod for sale!
Hello! We bought 5 pallets of fresh Kentucky blue grass...
Caryn14
Sunset zones
Do you have an idea as to what the Sunset zone for...
albert_135
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™