2012 New England Plant Swap

daylilyguy(6)April 11, 2012

THIS is the way your mother made her garden grow. She traded thriving plants with friends and neighbors.

Which is exactly what we'll be doing at the New England Plant Swap this Spring. Sharing is the best part of gardening. When a plant does well enough here in New England, others want to know about it. They'd like even more to HAVE some of it.

If you haven't been to a good, old-fashioned plant swap, you're in for a treat. Pot up your excess prized plants to share. Load up your bounty and head to beautiful Adams Farm at 999 North St. in Walpole MA on June 2, 2012 at 9 am. There, you will meet other, friendly, local gardeners with their booty for sharing.

It's simple, free and fun for all. For each plant you bring, you can take a plant from someone else. All the details are at our web site: http://www.newenglandplantswap.org or we may be reached at info@newenglandplantswap.org. We look forward to seeing you there.

Your mother would be proud. In fact, BRING your mother and other friends who like to share.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
FroofyCat(5)

bummer, me and 5 friends just booked a spa weekend at the Cliff House in Maine for that weekend. I will think of you all while I'm getting a massage.

Bookmark   April 11, 2012 at 2:06PM
daylilyguy(6)

bummer is right! change your massage weekend and bring your 5 friends to the plant swap!

Here is a link that might be useful: 2012 New England Plant Swap

Bookmark   April 11, 2012 at 4:12PM
terrene(5b MA)

Hi Daylilyguy, I remember you from Whitegarden's swap. Is this swap at your house? If not, who is organizing this? They've even purchased a url! Looks like a fun swap.

I was tossing around the idea of hosting a spring swap this year, but I stretched a bit thin this Spring.

Bookmark   April 11, 2012 at 6:01PM
daylilyguy(6)

Hi terrene... I remember you very fondly from Whitegarden's swap... I tried to email you and others who went to Whitegarden's!

I'm organizing this and created the web site and paid for the URL personally!

The town of Walpole generously let me have beautiful Adams Farm for the swap. I hope you can make it...you had such great contributions to the last plant swap!

Here is a link that might be useful: 2012 New England Plant Swap

Bookmark   April 11, 2012 at 6:17PM
More Discussions
Is your past content on GW missing?
Yesterday, I went looking for my old comments, to see...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Cold or not, it's THAT time of year again!
The infamous Philadelphia International Flower Show is...
hunt4carl
Bristol County Conservation District 2014 Plant Sale
Now is the time the Massachusetts County Conservation...
edlincoln
Something to brighten up this horrible winter
I was in Palm Springs a couple of weeks ago. Maybe...
bill_ri_z6b
Birds and other mobile features in the garden 2015 #2
This thread is intended to give people a place to post...
claireplymouth z6b coastal MA
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™