Seed pods on Ginko Craig?

dray67(7)August 21, 2012

I just noticed that my Ginko Craig has a few seed pods. has any one grown seedlings from this plant?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Steve Massachusetts Zone 5b

Myhostas database shows several seedlings that have been introduced. Probably the most well known is Atom Smasher. It also has a number of offspring from its pollen as well. Grow the seed for fun. It's good experience. You could put them under a light or winter sow them.

Steve

Bookmark   August 21, 2012 at 7:32PM
Moccasin(z9aMobileAL)

How lucky you are to have the seed pods!

Of all the scapes and blooms this year, so far the only pods I've noticed were the really pretty PURPLE pods on Beet Salad. I am so excited, so I know how you must feel about your Ginkgo Craig. I do not have that hosta, but I have Atom Smasher and it is a beauty.

I wonder what pollenated the Beet Salad. It was next to the Fragrant King and Fragrant Dream while they bloomed....no pods at all on any of the plantaginea family of plants.

Bookmark   August 21, 2012 at 10:32PM
dray67(7)

I have seed on Empress Wu(hand pollinated with gold standard) Elegans and Blue Mammoth, and a pretty yellow noid. I use compost and chicken manure for mulch and i have many seedling sprout naturally in this mix. I think i will make an effort to plant these and keep track of them. I like the texture of this plant and it would be nice to have others similar.
Dave

Bookmark   August 22, 2012 at 12:38AM
More Discussions
Hosta Fragrants 2014
I am having computer problems today so I am on my laptop....
ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
Zinc plant markers
Is this what everyone is using? I saw 100 for sale...
CindyCRNA
If you were to recommend only one hosta it would be........
If you could suggest only one hosta to others as a...
santamiller
HOSTAS TOXIC TO DOGS (and cats too)
I just discovered hostas are toxic to dogs. How did...
hostanista
Better then 'June'
When making out your order list, you might want to...
DelawareDonna Zone 7A
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™