Peepers and hummers

blowell(5b)April 13, 2013

Heard the first peepers a few days ago, boy were they loud! Making up for lost time. The first hummingbird spotted in southern MA. As far as I'm concerned, spring is officially here! Even though I do still have 6" of ice on my pool cover and snow in the shady parts of the yard.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rockman50(6b SEMASS)

Blowell....you are in southern Mass? I assume you are further west at a higher elevation? Because your observations are very different from mine down here in the far SE area of MA. We have had peepers for a few weeks and I have not seen any ice or snow in a long time--I think we even lost our piles back in march. And now lots of stuff is blooming. Daffodils are in full bloom. The forsythia is now out. Star magnolias are blooming and saucer buds are starting to break. Those early pink azaleas are in full bloom.

Bookmark   April 14, 2013 at 5:51PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
blowell(5b)

Yup. We're in the Worcester Hills. Another 1000 ft above you. I keep seeing one pile of dirty snow at a factory in Spencer, but other than that it's finally all gone. I have lots of perennial crowns coming up, and lots of buds, but other than the Andromida in the front yard,nothing in bloom yet.

Bookmark   April 20, 2013 at 10:07AM
More Discussions
The Great Backyard Bird Count Feb 13-16, 2015
The Great Backyard Bird Count Feb 13-16, 2015 About Claire...
claireplymouth z6b coastal MA
Show Us Your Gardens - A Photo Thread -February 2015
Happy Snow Days New England Gardeners! Welcome to the...
pixie_lou
Birds and other mobile features in the garden 2015 #3
This thread is intended to give people a place to post...
claireplymouth z6b coastal MA
How are you guys holding up in this "Snowpocalypse"??
Hi guys, haven't been posting much, but still lurk...
terrene_ma
Bristol County Conservation District 2014 Plant Sale
Now is the time the Massachusetts County Conservation...
edlincoln
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™