have: ... er, had; 'but it was great!'

stardust(5b NE Ohio)July 22, 2004

We had the first (to my knowlege) local plant swap of GW traders in the NE Ohio area in early June. It was a great success. There were over a dozen in attendance and several more that wanted to come but had other commitments.

The purpose of this post is to gather contact information on anyone interested in attending next year; or even in the late summer. This would be in the Portage County area but ANYONE is welcome. We had GW traders, local residents & local garden club members. I'm thinking just from the feed back of those in attendance that this was well received and that there will be more next time just from word of mouth.

Anyone interested, please contact me through this thread with name and e-mail or address to be compiled for the next one. Also if we have enough interest I will be glad to organize one for late summer (possibly in August). Even if you were at the last swap please e-mail your contact info again so as to be sure it is included in this composite.

To all that attended, thank you for your support. You were a great bunch. We all had a lot of fun. To anyone wishing to come the the next one, you won't be sorry.

Stardust

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
teresa_ohio(z5/OH)

I'm not sure where Portage County is, but I would definitely be interested in coming. I would love to find people local to trade with. If you have any information, please let me know. Thanks so much. Teresa

Bookmark   July 26, 2004 at 10:51PM
Manfred1(z5 OH)

Stardust, I am at the southern tip of Cuyahoga County. I am interested and would like to participate next spring.
Please email me.
Manfred

Bookmark   September 22, 2004 at 8:43PM
stardust(5b NE Ohio)

OK, I've been trying to post the information on our 2nd Annual Plant Swap at the "get-togethers forum" BUT I cannot get it to post. So I guess I have to do this the hard way and hope for the best.

The date is May 21st and it will be held at the Deerfield Town Hall again at 1450 S.R. 14 near the intersection of S.R. 225. Arrival time to begin at 10:30 a.m.

If you have any contact with bodies interested in coming I would love to hear from you and them! E-mail me and I will forward the 'particulars' to you directly. "Drop in's" are welcome but I really need RSVP's to plan for the basic numbers.

There is a covered dish luncheon, a plant swap (of course), door prizes, and I will provide the table service (plates, cups, napkins, etc).

You need to bring your plants (you'll be able to pick one for each one you bring), a covered dish to share with a serving utensil, your own beverage (there's no way I could pick what everyone will like) and a friend!

PLEASE be sure to pot your plants up right away if they aren't in pots already. Fresh dug the day before will never servive the transplant. We all want our new additioins to thrive in our gardens. Any type of plant is welcome (veggies, annuals, perennials, herbs, houseplants, etc.) as well as gardening books, garden decore, and other related items.

Please e-mail with RSVP and questions.

Stardust

Bookmark   May 1, 2005 at 10:39AM
More Discussions
HAVE: Berea Plant Swap 2011 - Pre-Arranged Trades
Hello Berea Swappers, Swap event is June 11, 2011 in...
kilngod z6b
have: clearing out garden! louisville ky area
I am getting rid of my non-edibles and in search of...
thechef09
WANTED: Amaranth seeds
I would like to get some of these seeds, apparently...
hank2230
WANTED: Wanted: Sage seed :- )
Sage seed all verietys! Willing to trade for what little...
squid4life
Wanted: green frog eggs/tadpoles
I had several green frogs (rana clamitans) at my pond,...
jimboace
Sponsored Products
7.5 ft. Lime Green Tiffany Tinsel Pre-lit Christmas Tree - 6015-75LG
$216.99 | Hayneedle
Sonya 17 Satin Nickel Two-Light Incandescent 120v Flush Mount with Satin Frost G
$243.00 | Bellacor
Low Voltage Desk Lamp No. 6238/1 by Holtkoetter
$458.00 | Lumens
Leilani Orange 18 x 18 Geometric Throw Pillow
$57.95 | Bellacor
Cooper Classics Beauclaire 23 1/2" x 31 1/2" Mirror
Lamps Plus
Remer by Nameeks K41 Wall Mount Bathroom Faucet - REMER K41
$143.21 | Hayneedle
Geometric Art Glass Mission Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Kristal Concealed 2 Outlet Twin & Diverter Thermostatic Shower Valve