Where can I get soybean meal near Cincinnati?

Hieron(6a)February 13, 2014

I see soybeans growing all over the place, so there has to be somewhere I can buy soybean meal fertilizer locally without paying twice the price in shipping, but I can't find anything searching online. I live in Forest Park but am frequently down around Norwood and up near West Chester. I recently finished reading Steve Solomon's The Intelligent Gardener so I'm all amped up to mix myself some organic fertilizer! Thanks for any info; I really appreciate it. Have a good one.

Mike

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardeningannie(06)

Answering from Louisville, KY, but hope this helps. My best resource for both alfalfa pellets and soybean meal has been a local pet supply company ~ Feeder's Supply. They are always stocked with the alfalfa, but are kind enough to order the SBM for me ~ usually about $20 for 50# bag. I would think that any place that carries rabbit food would be able to order the other for you. Now if I could only find a good source for 50# bags of plain old corn meal !

Bookmark   February 23, 2014 at 6:53PM
Nevermore44 - 6a

Tractor supply has Alfalfa pellets.... and you can get soybean meal up north of Hamilton at Brubaker Grain & Chemical. Call ahead to check the price since it changes. They are a good company that I have been going to for a hand full of years for grain/fertilizer for the lawn and garden. It would be a hike up there, but you can get enough for the year in one swing

Bookmark   March 13, 2014 at 5:40PM
HomeSlice5174(6)

Try an ag co-op or feedmill. You'll get the best prices in one of these places.

Bookmark   March 29, 2014 at 1:03PM
More Discussions
Oak trees.... Starting from acorns, need help
Hi everyone, I'm brand new to this but I hope someone...
Cornell-plantintrees
Anyone Growing 'Knock-Out' Roses. Recommendations?
So, if you are growing the "Knock-Out" roses,...
jmcbackyarddigger
Knock Out Roses - slow to come to life in Central Ohio
Hi All - My knock out roses are barely showing signs...
pauladd1963
Moving to KY
Hello! We're moving to KY (Owensboro) from that Dallas...
Marie79
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™