'Ohio's Garden Path'

alison(6b/OH)March 9, 2005

The Ohio Historical Society in Columbus has a new exhibit opening in April called Ohio's Garden Path: the Flowering of Our Landscape. Sounds pretty cool; it is divided into eight sections, including immigration and Settlement, the Romantic Revival, the Country Estate Era, and the Modern Movement.

Looks like fun if you're around Columbus. It opens Apriul 2nd, but there are associated events scheduled thru November. I've already put a note on my calender for September, a talk on architecture and landscape.

Hope this link works for you.

http://www.ohiohistory.org/monthlysites/index-march2005.html

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
storygardener(5/6 central oh)

Thanks, Alison...this looks really cool! I will definately go!

Terrific!

-Beverly

Bookmark   March 9, 2005 at 3:19PM
bakemom_gw(z6 Central Ohio)

Love it! What a great program. Thanks so much for posting this. So, does a 1964 4 level split count as historic?

Bookmark   March 12, 2005 at 10:06PM
alison(6b/OH)

In Columbus? It's a classic!

I wonder what the "classic 60's garden" would have been? Having been...ahem...only just born then, I have no clear memory.

Impatiens? Soldier-straight rows of tulips in the spring? I need to look for some Better Homes type pictures from the early 60's to see what was in vogue at the time.

Based on what I've found around my apartment building I gather the favored foundation plantings in 1911 were broken glass, nails, and marbles. Tons of marbles....

Bookmark   March 13, 2005 at 3:17PM
More Discussions
Blue Spruce trees dying
Was there some kind of fungus or something that killed...
lindaw-cincy
Moving to KY
Hello! We're moving to KY (Owensboro) from that Dallas...
Marie79
lilac bush
hello. we have some lilac bushes that are several years...
Ron_b.
Ideas for School Playground
I am a teacher at a small independent school in Columbus,...
wackypack
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™