Here's a puzzle...

jamie81(4b)August 15, 2013

I am looking through the listing at Venero Nursery, and I see the most gorgeous hosta. Cornbelt. Just a beautiful picture. The description does not match the picture. I tried to find some information on it, and I didn't really find anything here.

The hosta library pictures have to be a totally different hosta. Hostaplants.com has the same beautiful picture as Venero. I am guessing it is not a picture of Cornbelt.

Does anyone grow Cornbelt? More important, does anyone know the name of the hosta they are calling Cornbelt?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
flower_frenzy(8a)

I agree that the hosta pictured is not 'Corn Belt'. It has the opposite color combo. I have no idea what hosta it is in the picture, though. Sorry.

Bookmark   August 15, 2013 at 1:41PM
paul_in_mn(4b)

Give Dory at Veneros a call. It'll either be her or husband answering.

Paul

Bookmark   August 15, 2013 at 1:43PM
bkay2000(8a TX)

The hosta photos on the hosta library are all donated. The hosta may not be correctly identified in every photo. It says that on the home page.

bk

Bookmark   August 15, 2013 at 2:07PM
donrawson(Z 5)

Hmmm...looks like Venero has a pic of some other hosta. All the pics on the Hosta Library and in The Hostapedia (page 204) show a gold-centered, green-margined hosta. And the description on the Venero webpage says, "A sport of 'Jimmy Crack Corn', gold foliage with a wide green margin," but their photo doesn't agree.

Bookmark   August 15, 2013 at 2:38PM
mosswitch

I agree, that isn't a picture of Corn Belt. Maybe somebody switched the photos when they put the catalog together, I bet they would be able to untangle the puzzle if you called them. Or maybe they bought the photo, as I saw several other nurseries had the identical picture for Cornbelt when I googled it.

Sandy

Bookmark   August 15, 2013 at 3:20PM
jamie81(4b)

I figured it wasn't Cornbelt, but it is such a pretty hosta, just wondered if anyone could identify it. The picture does show up a couple other places, so they probably did buy it.

The pictures at the hosta library match the description, so I would guess that is what Cornbelt really looks like.

Bookmark   August 15, 2013 at 5:16PM
ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida

I do. It is one of my favorites. I have grown him from a liner and he is a good one.

Bookmark   August 16, 2013 at 1:28PM
More Discussions
HOSTAS TOXIC TO DOGS (and cats too)
I just discovered hostas are toxic to dogs. How did...
hostanista
New arrivals
It dawned mild and sunny here in Wales today. The postman...
tiddisolo z8 Wales UK
Always trying something new !
Well, if all your prime planting spots are full.. You...
leafwatcher
Pips in Sweden
I think the USA got our winter by mistake this year...
stoc zone 6 sweden
Hosta G 2014
I saw a sign that said "watch for children"...
ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™