Shelbyville KY Art and Garden Fair

kydaylilylady(z6 KY)April 27, 2006

Is this weekend, April 29. It's being held in conjunction with the beginning of the Shelbyville Farmer's Market. Jeanne Wiche will be there to answer questions at 10:00. There will be tons of plants, the Master Gardeners use this as a fundraiser so they'll have lots of plants in addition to local vendors selling annuals, lots of daylilies and other great plants. Market starts at 8:00 and the Garden Fair goes from 9-2. If you folks in Louisville don't have anything planned this weekend come on out. It's held at the Shelby County Fairgrounds which is on US 60 across from the First Baptist Church in Shelbyville. Hope to see you all there!

Janet

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
smckellep(z6 (KY))

ack! my computer crashed thursday, and i didn't get my laptop back from my daughter until tonight, so i missed this post AND the show/fair...sounds like it would've been great. i hope it was a hit!

susan in old louisville

Bookmark   April 30, 2006 at 10:58PM
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

I didn't see the post either until it was too late to keep any time open to get to go. It sounds like something I would have liked, and not 'too' far to drive.

I was always a fan of Fred Wiche, and now always enjoy his daughter.

Do you know if this is usually scheduled for the last weekend in April? If so, I could pencil it in for 2007.

Sue

Bookmark   May 1, 2006 at 8:20AM
kydaylilylady(z6 KY)

It is usually the last weekend in April. It also corresponds with the opening of the Shelbyville Farmer's Market. We had a lovely crowd at market despite the steady drizzle. It wasn't enough to keep true gardeners inside!

There were tons of annuals and perennials there plus I saw someone carting hypertufa pots around. I'm going to make me some one of these days! I love the way they look. A few artists were set up plus lots of lawn and garden folks. The plants from Master Gardener's gardens were quite popular too. The Farmer's Market has several plant vendors with annuals, daylilies, herbs and handmade lawn furniture at VERY reasonable prices.

This is the first year I was actually able to participate. As per usual, the 4-H Cow Camp was this weekend and I usually had to forgo the Garden Fair to haul kiddies to Cow Camp but this year I was able to send my second daughter with the rest of the kids. Apparently she did a good job cause my youngest daughter came in 4th in the junior division and my son came in first in reasons and third overall. If he can hold that record for the state contest in June he'll be on his way to Mid-South fair in Memphis and the NAILE in Louisville.

Janet

Bookmark   May 1, 2006 at 11:08AM
More Discussions
Kwanza Cherry oozing sap
Have two 15' tall Kwanza cherry trees that bloomed...
judijerpen
WANTED: To trade with Licking County Resident, Newark, Heath, Heb
I'm looking for a local resident of Licking County,...
KatsPlants
pumpkin patch
my pumpkin patch started out really good but as it...
DarleneJ
Anyone Growing 'Knock-Out' Roses. Recommendations?
So, if you are growing the "Knock-Out" roses,...
jmcbackyarddigger
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™