Annabel Lee pics?

BungalowMonkeys z6 VAAugust 6, 2014

Just got her in the mail from Naylor. Can't seem to find much info on this one. Purchased this hosta for my 4 year old who shares the same name. She has been my gardening buddy and loves to go hosta hunting. Does anyone grow this? Would love to see a more mature pic and your experience with it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
DelawareDonna(7A)

I have been pondering purchasing this hosta - if I can fine space for it. What's not to love - crinkly leaves, vigorous grower, and color transitions on the leaves. Nice looking plant you have there. Good luck and take photos of its progress for us to enjoy.

DD

Bookmark   August 6, 2014 at 3:09PM
BungalowMonkeys z6 VA

Hopefully you will find a spot in your garden for this little hosta. Love the crinkly leaves, they are so sweet. Seems like it would be a good addition. Will keep a pic diary on this one and post pics.

Bookmark   August 6, 2014 at 9:15PM
mctavish(4/5)

I've had this one for several years. This is the second year in the garden below which is mostly mini's and smalls. I suppose it will get too big but I like it here for now. The first picture taken in June the other two a week ago.

Bookmark   August 6, 2014 at 9:42PM
BungalowMonkeys z6 VA

Really enjoy seeing pics of your gardens Mctavish. Love how you have so many interesting spots with rocks, walls and garden levels. Beautiful property. In that very last pic, the hosta on the far left, green with a yellow margin, what is it? I have a NOID that looks exactly like that. The Annabel looks great.

Bookmark   August 6, 2014 at 10:12PM
Steve Massachusetts Zone 5b

Here's mine. The picture was taken in May. It doesn't look like this anymore because I tripped yesterday and fell on top of it. Yeah I felt really stupid.

Steve

Bookmark   August 6, 2014 at 10:33PM
BungalowMonkeys z6 VA

My kids are always under foot and so is my dog. Im constantly tripping or stumbling because of them. only feel silly when my neighbors or husband sees it. Mainly the husband. He is a jokester and I hate giving him ammo. Your annabel is big and looks great. Such a pretty green and the wild looking crinkles are awesome. How long have you had it? Is it more sun or shade?

Bookmark   August 7, 2014 at 9:47AM
CEFreeman(DC/MD Burbs 7B)

I appreciate this post. Annabel Lee is on my Wants list.
I'm interested to know about shade, too. I don't have a lot of it, so I must plan!

Here's my pinned picture:

Bookmark   August 7, 2014 at 11:22AM
mctavish(4/5)

That hosta is Illicit Affair. It's in the Cheatin Heart, Faithful Heart family. They are all good growers.

Bookmark   August 7, 2014 at 11:24AM
Steve Massachusetts Zone 5b

This is the third year I've had AL. As you can see in CEFreemans photo, this is one hosta that looks really good with its flowers on. The scapes are red.

Here's another photo.

Steve

Bookmark   August 7, 2014 at 12:55PM
BungalowMonkeys z6 VA

It does look good with those wild looking scapes. CEFreeman, planted mine in a new bed off my deck. It gets full afternoon sun from 1-4:30. Hopefully it wasnt the wrong spot. I'll keep you posted and put a pic up after a month or so.

Bookmark   August 8, 2014 at 8:17AM
More Discussions
New arrivals
It dawned mild and sunny here in Wales today. The postman...
tiddisolo z8 Wales UK
Hosta Ruffled 2014
The kiss of the sun for pardon, The song of the birds...
ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
hostanista
NH hostas here
Doesn't look like much but in a month it will. Excited...
What have we ordered?
So far I have gotten a few new ones. What have you...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™