Ideas for School Playground

wackypackApril 17, 2014

I am a teacher at a small independent school in Columbus, and we have received a small grant for playground beautification. My students have been working on this project, researching and planning some great ideas for natural play and learning spaces and we would like to do as much as we can with the funding we have. Do any of you know any resources in Central Ohio for free or discounted plants/cutting/seeds or have any other ideas on ways to add natural elements on a budget?

Here is a link that might be useful: GreenColumbus Earth Day Project

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
BlueBirdPeony(5b NE Ohio)

I'm sad that no one ever responded to this. I might be too late. I would definitely check with the OSU extension in your county. They can usually point you in the right direction for things like plant swaps. I would like to think that other Ohioans would happily donate things to the kids without asking anything in exchange. Or the kids could volunteer to do some yard work for people in exchange for plants.
My other suggestion is to call around to local nurseries. They often have things they can divide and part with. They will be more inclined to do so for a good cause.
Good luck!

Bookmark   May 28, 2014 at 9:50PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
anenemity

If you're willing to drive a couple of hours, I have more irises than you can shake a stick at that I'm willing to give you. It'll be time to divide them pretty soon. The only other things I have in abundance are weeds, but I'll keep those for myself.

Bookmark   July 2, 2014 at 1:25PM
More Discussions
When is the Fall 2014 Plant Swap, please help :)
I wrote down info for the wrong plant swap, the one...
KatsPlants
Anyone Growing 'Knock-Out' Roses. Recommendations?
So, if you are growing the "Knock-Out" roses,...
jmcbackyarddigger
Fleur de Lis Festival Louisville KY
May 26-27 at Waterfront Park, Louisville. May 26 hours...
kydaylilylady
What is this vine?
I would love to know what this vine is. it has came...
rhondals_2006
Is anyone growing Sarcococca?
I've heard humelis may be more hardy than has been...
BabyHelpful
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™