To order from Spring Hill or to wait?

michigoose(Z5OH)April 1, 2005

HELP! Ok guys...I need your advice. There are a number of things I want to get from Spring Hill (at least from their catalog), but I'm moving to Troy probably June 15 (the house is there....we own it...but I have to wait until my daughter finishes school.). I'll be out probably once before we hit lock, stock and perennial.

Here's my quandry: Since Troy is so close to Tipp City, should I wait and just pick up plants there? The problem I see with that is that they might not have some of the plants anymore. They said that I could order and they would hold the plants and ship on a specific date for me....Should I do that and pay shipping, but get what I want, even tho they might be smaller than I can get in person?

Is my coming so late in the season (and it appears that it will be after the point at which they had the $0.99 sale last year --you guys were talking about it on June 12) mean that they won't have the stuff? Should I just forget it? I've wanted the poker primrose and the Iris tectorum for years....whaddaya think? Thanks in advance.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lynnem(5 Ohio)

From all the negative stuff I've heard about springhill mailorder, and the lousy plants I myself received, I'd wait to visit the center personally, then you can pick out your own plants.

Bookmark   April 2, 2005 at 7:42AM
mrgpag

The Springhill mail-order greenhouse facility took a major hit from the snowstorm just before Christmas and I was told they lost a lot of their plant material - the place collaped.

Bookmark   April 2, 2005 at 10:24AM
mike_g_(Zone 5b OH)

I would not buy anything from them again. I looked up the Tectorum. $8+ for a three inch pot. That is going to be a very small seedling. I have the blue one.

Mike G

Bookmark   April 2, 2005 at 1:46PM
More Discussions
When is the Fall 2014 Plant Swap, please help :)
I wrote down info for the wrong plant swap, the one...
KatsPlants
Blue Spruce trees dying
Was there some kind of fungus or something that killed...
lindaw-cincy
Anyone Growing 'Knock-Out' Roses. Recommendations?
So, if you are growing the "Knock-Out" roses,...
jmcdmd
Fleur de Lis Garden Club Booth
Hello to any Louisvillians out there. Wanted to point...
highlandsgardener
Sponsored Products
Ribbon Red Lido Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
Danze® Bannockburn™ Widespread Lavatory Faucets - Brushed Nickel
Modern Bathroom
Emerson CP930 Atomical Cover Plate - CP930BS
$19.00 | Hayneedle
Belmont Mantel Swag
Grandin Road
Dessy One Wall Sconce by WPT Design
$293.25 | Lumens