Famer's Market Louisville area?

love2weed(Zn6)May 10, 2006

Any great Farmer's Markets in or near the Louisville area. I would like to go to one that has some out of the ordinary items.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
flowerchildky

Hi there,
the one I like best is a small market in a church parking lot- there is so much variety!
Even though it's small, they have all kinds of veggies, flowers, eggs, cheese, honey, plants, sometimes live music and sometimes free food! A couple of booths sell fresh cooked foods -it's really fun!

It's on Bardstown Road in the Deerpark area- I don't remember the name of the church- I live near the airport, so I go down Preston to Eastern Pkwy and then right on Bards Rd- it's a couple of blocks down on the right across the street from a firehouse
hope this helps :))

Linda

Bookmark   May 10, 2006 at 7:00AM
indianaplantlover(6)

We have one in Jeffersonville, Sat. morning on Market St. at preservation station. Last year there was lots of fresh veggies, fruit, herbs, bedding plants, homemade soap and I think handmade candles once. Email me if you would like directions. Vicci

Bookmark   May 10, 2006 at 7:27PM
kydaylilylady(z6 KY)

We're a little outside of Louisville in Shelbyville. I sell plants such as daylilies, lilies, and other perennials plus breads like pumpkin, green tomato, banana zucchini etc. 16 kinds total. Another fellow right now has vegetable and annual flowers at very reasonable prices. There's a lady that sells eggs, one that sells crafts and herb plants, another that sells jams and salsa. Everything at our market has to be grown in Shelby County or the surrounding counties so there won't be pineapples or bananas!

We're located on US 60 at the Shelby Co. Fairgrounds. It's across from the First Baptist Church. If you get a chance this summer come on out and check us out!

Janet

Bookmark   May 11, 2006 at 8:47AM
More Discussions
pumpkin patch
my pumpkin patch started out really good but as it...
DarleneJ
Blue Spruce trees dying
Was there some kind of fungus or something that killed...
lindaw-cincy
Coneflowers turning black
My purple coneflowers are turning black and breaking...
jenrog
Anyone Growing 'Knock-Out' Roses. Recommendations?
So, if you are growing the "Knock-Out" roses,...
jmcbackyarddigger
WANTED: To trade with Licking County Resident, Newark, Heath, Heb
I'm looking for a local resident of Licking County,...
KatsPlants
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™