Iris Society Sale

princess_mimi(z5 6 OH)July 16, 2005

I wish that I would have thought to post sooner. Dianne and I just got home from the Iris Society's sale at the North Market this morning. It will be going on for several more hours.

They have scads of iris and tons of varieties-CHEAP! That's my next favorite price next to free. Most of them are $3, dwarves are $2 and you can get 4 for $10 specials. The variety is wonderful too. There are dwarves, German or bearded, Siberians, Species, rebloomers and even Loiusianas. Big variety of colors too.

It was a blast! I even learned how to prepare to dry root the right way. I'll be bringing lots of granny's blue German bearded iris to the fall swap. I have potted some but It will be soooooo much easier for everyone to just have them dry root.

Go on down if you have time today. it will be worth your while.

~~Mimi

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bakemom_gw(z6 Central Ohio)

Rats, weather and new kitten kept me indoors today. Sounds like you guys had fun. Love north market.

Bookmark   July 16, 2005 at 9:45PM
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

Mimi,

When is the fall swap and just where is the North Market (city or town)?

This might call for a 'road trip'.

Sue

Bookmark   July 19, 2005 at 3:58PM
princess_mimi(z5 6 OH)

Hi Sue!

The North Market is in Columbus Ohio. The fall swap is on September 17th. You can get the whole story on it on the Get Togethers forum. You might want to check out the posts titled, Photos of the Ohio Spring Swap and Central Ohio Plant Swap, to see what we do in the spring. The Fall swap is not quite as big since there are no annuals or veggies and alot of folks are not quite as obsessed as us die hards. It's very similar to the spring swap that Beverly and I do. It's always fun. Especially since I can go as a "civilian"!

Hilliard, where we have the swaps, is on the west side of Columbus just north of I70. Hope you can come! We get folks from all over---even from Michigan!

Hope to see you in September!

~~Mimi

Bookmark   July 19, 2005 at 5:19PM
More Discussions
WANTED: To trade with Licking County Resident, Newark, Heath, Heb
I'm looking for a local resident of Licking County,...
KatsPlants
Ideas for School Playground
I am a teacher at a small independent school in Columbus,...
wackypack
Small upright shade bush
I have a small shade space on the north side next to...
Carol7853
pumpkin patch
my pumpkin patch started out really good but as it...
DarleneJ
Anyone Growing 'Knock-Out' Roses. Recommendations?
So, if you are growing the "Knock-Out" roses,...
jmcbackyarddigger
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™