Have you started buying new plants again?

storygardener(5/6 central oh)July 29, 2005

Hey..for about two weeks I wasn't shopping for plants & had most of my spring purchases & swap plants in the ground. Then all of a sudden...big sales came on early in July and I started buying more plants. Then my friend, Betty in Michigan, gave me some wonderful plants while I was visiting in Michigan.

My new plants are: daylilies Buckeye & Lavendar Illusions, Phlox Fancy Feelings, Cranesbill Cinderella, Crocosmia Lucifer, Heuchera Sashay, Drada azoide, Baby Star & Sunrise Echinaceas, and new clematis' Miss Bateman, The President, Multi Blue &Venosa Vio???.

Oh Goodness...It's so much fun getting new plants.

How about you? What has jumped into the cart for you this summer?

Beverly

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardengirl_17(z5 OH)

Hi Beverly -
I did pretty well for a while there also. I was so proud of myself for getting my annuals and plant swap things and early spring buys in the ground that I went a long time without buying more. Then daylily season arrived and I made several trips to local daylily growers and ended up with about 20 new daylilies. Trish tells me you're becoming a daylily fan too - we'll get you thoroughly hooked before you know it! :) Then last week I started buying a few perennials to fill some empty spots in my borders. Here's what I got:

Joe Pye Weed; Echinacea 'Sunset' and 'Sunrise'; Ornamental grasses - prairie dropseed and pennisetum 'Hameln'; Crocosmia 'Lucifer'; Persicaria polymorpha; and a purple smokebush. I've also been seriously considering another order to High Country Gardens.

I think my DH will just have to get used to the idea that there will always be pots along the patio either things to plant or things that have been dug up for the plant swaps.

Bookmark   July 31, 2005 at 12:39PM
bakemom_gw(z6 Central Ohio)

No purchases, but I am trading seeds and summer sowing! Blue platy, foxys, sweet william, red double hollyhocks, penstemmon, sea holly (again this year).

I have harvested and mailed several hundred packs of seeds thus far. My goal, to beat the 8-900 I sent out last year. If you want my list, email me. Perhaps I should post on THIS exchange. I'm currently on Winter Sowing and the main Seed Exchange.

Bookmark   August 2, 2005 at 6:16PM
fennelgrl(Z6a OH)

I can't resist the $3.33 perennials at Home Depot. I've been buying them all summer.

Bookmark   August 2, 2005 at 10:00PM
More Discussions
Ground Cover
I'm looking for a low growing ground cover (preferably...
calendar
lilac bush
hello. we have some lilac bushes that are several years...
Ron_b.
I need Help finding a forum
I moved from NW GA to Southern IL. Help Please1
organic_gardenhag
WANTED: To trade with Licking County Resident, Newark, Heath, Heb
I'm looking for a local resident of Licking County,...
KatsPlants
Oak trees.... Starting from acorns, need help
Hi everyone, I'm brand new to this but I hope someone...
Cornell-plantintrees
Sponsored Products
Woven Jute Roll Up Blinds 36 Inch, Width - 36 Inches
$69.00 | Bellacor
Furniture of America Marvella Espresso 5-Shelf Bookcase - YNJ-1412-5
$233.98 | Hayneedle
Classic Greens Faux Floral
$525.00 | Horchow
Japanese Tree Hand-painted 4-piece Art
Overstock.com
Silk Fancy Style Slim 7-foot Bamboo Tree
Overstock.com