green beans

mindydeanJuly 17, 2010

I have a plot in a community garden and unlike other years, this year is the garden from hell. I have fertilized, but nothing is working. My green beans are beautiful, but the beans look washed out. The peppers arent' growing at all, eggplant bloomed and now nothing, I've gotten four cucumbers from three plants and my tomatoes? Well, they've never looked so bad. I need help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

Hi Mindydean,

Sorry to be so slow in replying. We have certainly had some weather extremes here in Kentuckiana this summer so I would say your problems have probably been weather related. I know when the temps get too hot that tomato blossoms drop. Maybe things will pick up now as the temps are cooling a bit.

I have a plot in a community garden and unlike other years, this year is the garden from hell.
Do you have the same exact plot from one year to the next? If not, maybe the previous gardener on that plot did something that has affected the growing this season.

There's always next year that we always hope and plan to be so much better......I didn't even get any beans planted this year, so you are ahead of me there.

Where are you located in Ky? Might you be interested in coming to a small Plant Swap/get together of several Garden Webbers on Sept 11th? Hope so! See the link below, and if interested, please set up your Member Page email link so you can be reached....just go to the bottom of any page and click on the Member Pages link and follow the links from there.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Sept 11, 2010-First Annual Fall Louisville Pow-Wow-Save the date

Bookmark   August 27, 2010 at 11:28AM
More Discussions
Is anyone growing Sarcococca?
I've heard humelis may be more hardy than has been...
BabyHelpful
Pepper Plants and black Plastic
I have always wanted to have a nice crop of Pepper...
joetoe
Small upright shade bush
I have a small shade space on the north side next to...
Carol7853
Fleur de Lis Festival Louisville KY
May 26-27 at Waterfront Park, Louisville. May 26 hours...
kydaylilylady
are there poisenous snakes in eastern kentucky??
i've been thinking about moving there for a afew years...
donnaz5
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™