Help design a cover for dwarf peach

dottyinduncan(z8b coastal BC)March 10, 2009

I have a lovely little dwarf peach that gets curly leaf. It is suggested that it be covered in the springtime so that it doesn't get wet with our spring rains. Has anyone got a suggestion for a cover? The tree is at most 7 ft tall and not very fat. I'd appreciate any help. DH will build it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
laurell(8 - Washington)

You could try making a teepee with clear plastic. Or get some long thin PVC pipe and sink either end in the ground around tree and connect the pieces in the center with a x-shaped connector and cover it with clear plastic.

Bookmark   March 10, 2009 at 6:05PM
dottyinduncan(z8b coastal BC)

Well, we have built a cover for our peach tree and hope it will stand up to our cold, wet, windy spring weather. I thought I would post a pic of it. We built a cedar box around the bottom of the tree and attached some bendable plastic pipe by way of u-fasteners. Added the plastic to the top. It was very bendy in the wind so DH drove steel stakes in to help support the plastic. I hope it works!

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   March 26, 2009 at 9:13PM
aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada

If that doesn't work maybe four posts to support a permanent clear corrugated or? roof, we have one over a tomato bed. You could have clear plastic drop flaps which could be removed once the tree has leafed out.

Annette

Bookmark   March 27, 2009 at 10:10AM
More Discussions
looking for scion wood in Portland area
I'm looking for peach and possibly apple scion wood....
jimmy21
need pruning advice for culinary sage bush
I am the new owner of 2 very old sage shrubs badly...
saxonmjs
Does soil "wear out"?
I have two gardening friends who don't know each other...
dottyinduncan
what to do here?
Thinking of planting native shrubs, salal, redtwig...
zephyrgal
Camelia question.
We have a camelia ten years old - looked great in the...
dwightgibb
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™