Are There Any Plant Swaps In Huntington, WV?

MidnightStormSeptember 19, 2006

I know we are probably supposed to post these questions on the plant swap forum but but I thought I'd start here first . . . . I am moving to Huntington and would like to know if there are any regular plant swaps that happen in the area?

Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gdionelli(z6 WV)

The Master Gardeners have at least one (I think maybe one in spring and another in fall, but I'm not sure) and my church holds one in May. That's all I'm aware of. Love to have you involved! Email me sometime.

Bookmark   September 21, 2006 at 7:33AM
gdionelli(z6 WV)

By the way, the local Junior League has a biennial garden tour that's pretty nice. Should happen this summer.

Also, I recommend Lavalette Nursery, Blatt's Greenhouse, and Hatcher's (across the river in Ohio). Each is better for different things.

Bookmark   September 21, 2006 at 9:25PM
patbegardening

Am interested in plant swap in Huntington, WV too!! Have perennials and ideas would like to exchange. Thanks, Pat

Bookmark   December 30, 2006 at 8:31AM
MidnightStorm

I have now arrived in Huntington, WV and my new home in Wayne County should be ready in late Spring. So I'll be anxious to get started on my garden as soon as I get moved in. So please keep me informed if you find out about any swaps. I don't have much to swap at this point but hopefully that'll change in the future. If the plants I brought with me from North Carolina make it, I'll have some Lady Banks roses, Climbing American Beauty Roses, Zepherine Drouhin roses, Hydrangea, Mexican Sage, Winston Churchill Fuchsia, Rosemary in the spring.

Thanks!

Bookmark   December 30, 2006 at 8:41AM
gdionelli(z6 WV)

Welcome, Midnightstorm! If you and patbegardening don't mind, I'll send you each an email through GW when I know the date and details about the swap in May at Enslow Park Presbyterian Church. I'll also post it here.

Bookmark   January 1, 2007 at 5:58PM
MidnightStorm

gdionelli:

That would be great!

Bookmark   January 1, 2007 at 9:43PM
just_me_6(WV 6 - West Virginia-Tri State)

I'm still interested in finding plant swaps in the Huntington, West Virginia area if anyone can enlighten me on when and where there might be some.

Bookmark   April 23, 2007 at 12:31PM
gdionelli(z6 WV)

Saturday, June 2nd at Enslow Park Presbyterian Church. I'll be posting more details when I have them. Also, did you catch the posting earlier here about the one in Cross Lanes? That's only a half-hour drive.

Bookmark   April 26, 2007 at 7:56AM
More Discussions
Anyone Growing 'Knock-Out' Roses. Recommendations?
So, if you are growing the "Knock-Out" roses,...
jmcbackyarddigger
Knock Out Roses - slow to come to life in Central Ohio
Hi All - My knock out roses are barely showing signs...
pauladd1963
Oak trees.... Starting from acorns, need help
Hi everyone, I'm brand new to this but I hope someone...
Cornell-plantintrees
Is anyone growing Sarcococca?
I've heard humelis may be more hardy than has been...
BabyHelpful
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™