WANTED: Brugmansia

TulsaLady(z6OK)January 7, 2004

Am looking for Brugmansia seeds. I thought I had some but I guess not. I don't know where I got that idea. lol I do have a lot of daturas, but I wanted to try the brugs too.

thank you,

tulsa

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sred98(z7 OK)

Hey! I posted to you under the original datura/banana post on the discussions page. I have some Brug seeds I'd LOVE to trade for the pink and white daturas!!!

Email me!

Shelly

Bookmark   January 8, 2004 at 7:46PM
TulsaLady(z6OK)

Shelly, I sent you some seeds. The bad thing is, I only had 30 seeds, so I split them with you. It should get to you soon. The other 2 packages I sent out just arrived not long ago. Let me know ok?

tulsa

Bookmark   February 1, 2004 at 11:29AM
ChaseUdn(z7 OKC/OK)

TL...if you don't have good luck with your brug seeds, lmk in the spring and I'll share some cuttings with you!

Bookmark   February 1, 2004 at 3:16PM
TulsaLady(z6OK)

Wow Chase! Thank you very much. :) I will let you know. From what I've seen brugs are incredible. What color are your brugs?

tulsa

Bookmark   February 1, 2004 at 11:31PM
ChaseUdn(z7 OKC/OK)

LOL TL....I have over 80 cuttings in my kitchen! They are whites, yellows and pinks! I've only seen 2 brug blooms in my life and I'm so excited to see these all bloom this summer!

TulsaLady....I found a package of brug seeds that someone sent me months ago. They are not labeled as to who the parents are....and I don't know how old they are either. You are welcome to them if you'd like to have them. Email me and I will get them out to you! There must be 40+ seeds!

Brinda :)

Do you know how to germinate brug seeds?

Bookmark   February 5, 2004 at 8:26PM
TulsaLady(z6OK)

Wow, thanks again Brinda! :) And ummm....no. lol But I can learn. And let me ask you this. How did you keep these cuttings alive? Do you have them in water? I've tried that and everything tends to die. I don't get it. lol I have to admit tho, I'm not an inside gardener. lol But I love plants and I want to learn. The bad thing about my house is the sunny spots, or the lack of. lol I wish you didn't live so far away. lol Why do you all have to live so far away?? lol

tulsa

Bookmark   February 6, 2004 at 12:19PM
wolflover(z7 OK)

Tulsa,
If you're coming to the OKC swap in May, I'll have several varieties of brugs for trade.

Brugs root very, very easily in water. If yours have died, it's probably because they are very green wood cuttings. The bigger, older branches are almost fail proof. You might try rooting the greener cuttings in a warm spot.

Brinda,
The key to blooms on brugs is fertilizer. You can fertilize them every day if you want. I don't think you can overfertilize a brug. Or try growing cuttings taken above the Y. They should bloom in no time at all.

Bookmark   February 6, 2004 at 4:22PM
brenda_in_ok(z6 OK)

Does anyone have any peach or apricot ones? I would love to have either. My list isn't updated, but I will try to do that-soon hopefully.

Bookmark   February 14, 2004 at 12:12AM
ChaseUdn(z7 OKC/OK)

Hey TL....did you get any of the brug seeds to germinate? If so...you should have tons of blooms this summer.

Brenda in ok.....there will be many offered for trade or sase over on the brug forum in a few weeks. If you don't have any luck, lmk and I will check to see if I have any extras.

Brinda :)

Bookmark   March 17, 2004 at 1:12AM
TulsaLady(z6OK)

Not yet Brinda. I can't wait tho. :) I should have plenty of brugs and daturas.

tulsa

Bookmark   March 17, 2004 at 6:40PM
sconfer32(OKC)

would love some cuttings of 'brugs' at the okc swap. i am very excited.

sdc

Bookmark   March 22, 2004 at 3:16PM
impatience_7(7a)

I, too, would like some Brug cuttings. This is one beautiful plant. Its hard to believe that I had not heard of them until the past year!!!

I have some coral bells, painted Jap ferns and maybe some named hostas.

impatience

Bookmark   March 22, 2004 at 5:11PM
KFERRARO(z7ok)

I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE ANY DATURA OR BRUGMANSIA ANY COLOR I HAVE NOTHING TO TRADE I AM JUST GETTING STARTED. THANK YOU.

Bookmark   June 4, 2004 at 9:43AM
ChaseUdn(z7 OKC/OK)

KFERRARO....if you will email me I have many datura seeds. And I might have brug cuttings in the fall!

Bookmark   July 29, 2004 at 8:18PM
wolflover(z7 OK)

Kay,
If you'll email me, I have a couple of brugmansia that I never got around to planting that you're welcome to. You can have them for postage if you're interested.
Dawna

Bookmark   August 1, 2004 at 12:33PM
More Discussions
WANTED: hosting seed swap -snowed in again
I'm hosting a seed swap called snowed in again and...
brenda_in_ok
HAVE: rose cuttings
I have "Caldwell Pink" and a wonderful powderpink...
lady_nikki
WANTED: Honeydew
Howdy All! I'm in search of 6 or so honeydew seeds. Am...
trmenzie
WANTED: Black Krim tomato seeds
I'd like to grow some Black Krim next year. Anyone...
windsurfgirl
WANTED: Mimosa Tree
Would love a Mimosa in the yard. Have fond memories...
Moninya
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™