WANTED: White Wisteria

ChlorophyllJill(z6 OK)May 9, 2005

Hi guys - been busy out in the garden - so I haven't posted much! I'm sort of a lurker. Anyway...not sure anyone would want this as it can be aggressive, but I have plenty of white Wisteria rooted. My neighbor down the street has this - we live in a very old neighborhood so I'm sure this vine is very old - it has very beautiful panicles of creamy white in the spring - gorgeous. But, I must warn you - it is not for the faint of heart. My neighbor is brutal with it when it comes to pruning or it will get out of hand. But - oh my goodness - the flowers are so worth it if you have the time to get after it! The bees and butterflies go crazy. Anyway - I have more than enough to share if anyone wants to trade something. Looking for other butterfly and hummingbird plants. Also looking for shady woodland plants. Have lots of shade in my backyard.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
earthmother_okc(7)

We bought a house two years ago with almost 2 acreas of land. There are very few trees so we have been planting lots of trees. I have a lot of bare chain link fence line that gets full sun and I would love to put wisteria on it. I have a purple wisteria and my husband is going to build an arbor for it. E-mail me at earthmother999@yahoo.com. I have a few impatiens that I just recently rooted and put in pots. They will grow in the shade. I also have spider plants which will grow in the shade, however, neither of these plant varieties will make it through the winter. Let me know if we can make some sort of swap. Thank you, Shelia

Bookmark   May 18, 2005 at 1:03AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
trev_ok

If you still have white wisteria, I'm in okla.
Thank you

Bookmark   November 25, 2006 at 10:13PM
More Discussions
HAVE: rose cuttings
I have "Caldwell Pink" and a wonderful powderpink...
lady_nikki
WANTED: Seeds/Cuttings/plants
I am located in the Se Norman area and am looking for...
lazyeacres
WANTED: Rose of Sharon, Confederate Rose, Hardy Hibiscus
I am looking for cuttings from a Rose of Sharon, Confederate...
woodsmokeinherhair
WANTED: Black Krim tomato seeds
I'd like to grow some Black Krim next year. Anyone...
windsurfgirl
WANTED: Carnival tomato seeds
I will buy, or trade you out of some Carnival seeds....
tomatomanbilly
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™