HAVE: Egyptian Walking Onion sets

windsurfgirl(Z6 OK)July 6, 2004

A have some Egyptian Walking onion sets to trade. I am looking for heirloom or open pollinated vegetable seeds. I am interested in peppers, squash, okra, beans, cucumbers, ect. I have tons of tomato seeds and don't need any of them but would be interested in Arkansas Traveler.

WindsurfGirl

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
HotPepperDad(arctic)

Hmmm, I don't have much as of yet.
But I will have a long thin cucumber variety and a melon (korean, I believe) that an asian co-worker gave me this spring.
I hesitate to call them heirloom because I have no varietal name to attach to them, but at least the cukes have grown true as best I can tell, and I am still awaiting the first of the melons (small, but very sweet I am told).
If your interested, or if you come across heirloom varieties you are willing to share/trade let me know.
I am slowly trying to convert to as many heirlooms as I can.
Unfortunately I'm limited to tomatoes at the moment.

Bookmark   July 16, 2004 at 3:35PM
windsurfgirl(Z6 OK)

I'll send you some onion sets for some of your thin cucumber and korean melon seeds.
I've always ordered all my veggie seeds but now I'm trying to go all heirloom too. Well, maybe not all heirloom but at least open pollinated so I can save seeds. So far I've mostly just got tomatoes too. You wouldn't have any Porter tomato seeds would you HotPepperDad?

WindsurfGirl

Bookmark   July 16, 2004 at 10:48PM
HotPepperDad(arctic)

No, I only have Cherokee purple and Brandywine.

I haven't harvested any seeds yet, but I can attest to the flavor of the "thin" cukes. Much better than the Burpee straight 8 I planted along with them.
Also, the straight 8 cukes do not seem to tolerate the heat, they quickly blanch and become bitter.
The cukes I got from my friend have held up very nicely in the hot weather, staying firm and green.

Anyway, I'll harvest some cuke seeds this weekend.
Do you want to try and plant them this year, or wait till next?
I planted these in late May/early June I think, and they started producing over the past week or two, so I think you could easily grow them for this year with the long season here.

Also, if your intersted in Canteloupes, I have been pleasantly suprised by the results I got from a burpee variety called Sweet N' Early. They were planted in early May and I harvested the 1st 3 this week. The package states they come from Peru, so I assume they are open polinated, but I need to do some more research.

Bookmark   July 17, 2004 at 12:23PM
More Discussions
WANTED: Seeds/Cuttings/plants
I am located in the Se Norman area and am looking for...
lazyeacres
HAVE: rose cuttings
I have "Caldwell Pink" and a wonderful powderpink...
lady_nikki
wanted: where to buy spinosad okc
Does anyone know where I can get spinosad in the OKC...
zuby
WANTED: Rose of Sharon seeds
I would like to have some Rose of Sharon seeds. Specifically...
katiedid659
HAVE: Forsythias
I have lots of rooted forsythias that I am looking...
sred98
Sponsored Products
Rectangular Frosted Glass Diffuser Rubber Wood Wall Sconce
ParrotUncle
Smoky Quartz Door Knob Set - Privacy, Passage and Dummy
Signature Hardware
King Plisse Duvet Cover 108" x 95" - TAUPE (95"L X 108"W)
$825.00 | Horchow
Taiji Outdoor Patio Daybed in Espresso Turquoise
$889.00 | LexMod
Modern Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: United Weavers Rugs Impulse Multi 7 ft. 10 in.
Home Depot
Electric Lime Microfiber Sheet Set
$16.99 | zulily
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™