Bright Pink Azalea

gemini40May 3, 2011

I want to add three azalea bushes to my landscape.This area gets bright sun from noon time on.I have some delaware whites that do better with partial shade, but this spot is heads on full sun for a good part of the day..Any suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tree_oracle(z6b MA)

Do you know what zone you're in? If you don't know then we can tell you if you give us a general idea where you live. This matters as far as choosing a hardy variety of azalea.

As far as pink azaleas, I'm partial to a variety called Rosebud. The flowers are double and look like little roses opening up. A Google search will give you all of the info on it including pictures.

Bookmark   May 4, 2011 at 2:22PM
gemini40

Not sure of the zone exactly I am just out side Boston 7 miles exactly in norfolk county.Thanks for the response , much appreciated.

Bookmark   May 4, 2011 at 6:48PM
NHBabs(4b-5aNH)

Here's the Azalea search page from American Rhododendron Society. You can search for a bunch of different options, including flower color and hardiness, so this might give you some ideas, though not all may be readily available commercially.

Here is a link that might be useful: Azalea search page from American Rhododendron Society

Bookmark   May 5, 2011 at 5:15PM
More Discussions
2015 Camellia Show at Tower Hill Botanic Garden
http://www.towerhillbg.org/index.php?cID=410 This weekend,...
claireplymouth z6b coastal MA
Birds and other mobile features in the garden 2015 #4
This thread is intended to give people a place to post...
How to change houzz background
I just saw this on another forum: http://forums2.gardenweb.com/discussions/2854079/installing-stylish-to-change-houzz-background#14392444 It...
Bird seed coupon
I know in the past some of you with feeders have asked...
NHBabs
Philadelphia Flower Show addendum
The theme for next year's show will center around America's...
hunt4carl
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™